Ryzen 4700g = $150, Ryzen 4600g = $100

My uncle works for AMD, and he told me this is AMD strategy to counter the new intel 12th gen core processors.

Those ryzen chip from the previous gen have a very small die, only 156mm2. Can be sold for a very cheap price.

Intel can't compete with such low prices.

Attached: AMD_Ryzen.jpg (1280x720, 55.05K)

Hope so. My b350 is stuck without 5000 series sorry, and i want to upgrade without paying like 280 euro for a 3600

If you still think AMD will compete with price again in the near future, prepare to be disappointed. They just reported record profits, they will not release anything at good price again until people stop buying their overpriced shitware.

5600g is already around 199€. probably even cheaper in burgerland

weren't 3600s like $160 at one point
wishin' I'd jumped on that

when? This should've been announced at CES then. They're not lowering the price because they don't have to.

AMD is not selling Renoir for the builder market, sorry.

Explains why epyc prices are going up 70%

AMD wasn't expecting the intel 12th gen could be this good.

Never, OP made shit up.
The Renoir 4000 series APUs are only available to OEMs, they are not sold as boxed parts. This isn't changing.

My aunt works for AMD, and she told be they will re-release the Ryzen 4700g and 4600g as Ryzen 4700AF and 4600AF for the consumer market.

my mommy works for amd (shes the ceo) and cuddles me when it's cold

Well, Intel's been fucking people with miniscule upgrades for years, was about time they gave it their all again.

got a 5750GE for $230, I'm set for 10 years LMAO jews

My dog works for AMD and he told me that if you shit in dark places nobody will notice.

>8c/16t
>Zen3
>really decent performance/power
>acceptable minimal IGP perf
Yeah its honestly not bad

How does zen 1 hold up nowadays?

Pretty far behind in some metrics if you're looking at benches which focus on specific areas. My wife's gaming machine has a 1700 in it which isn't struggling with anything yet.

might consider it. my 2500k system is still good but i would like to have more ports on the motherboard. only one pcie port and 4 sata ports is very limiting. power efficiency would probably be better too but i don't really care.. last time i checked this did not use much more than a lightbulb when its idling

Honestly I don't care intel or amd, I just need enough and more then enough processing power to deal me a pc that lasts for 5+ years.

My first amd was a k6-2 and I have even ran cyrix. Currently have 2 workstations, one 3700x, one 9700k. I mostly buy slightly older cpu's higher tier.

>performs worse than zen+

Attached: 1623887686514.jpg (527x551, 75.65K)

>AMDcels returning to "bang for the buck" cope