/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Note: This general is hijacked often, fake troll threads link to gnu.org rantings or shill random software, report and ignore them.
Use the feedback form: 4channel.org/feedback

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions.
Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips & tricks that enhance your life with Windows.

Remember: Notice the friendly - please be civil when possible.

>Paste
rentry.org/fwt

>Installing Windows for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Which version should I get?
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>How do I activate?
>Can I change editions after install?
>Where do I get Office?
read the paste: rentry.org/fwt

>How do I debloat/debotnet Windows 10 or 11?
Offline (pre-install): rentry.org/mdl-optimize-guide
Online (live install): privatezilla / thisiswin11 (and dont mindlessly tick everything)
Don't mix offline & online tools with each other.

>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.

>Can you get the Ryzen scheduler on LTSC 2021?
Yes.

>Can I upgrade to LTSC 2021?
Only from previous LTSC builds w/o doing the upgrade matrix hack in rentry paste.

>LTSC or LTSC IoT?
Same thing just different licensing and support.
LTSC for corporate PCs/devices with 5 years support (KMS only).
LTSC IoT for consumer devices with 10 years support (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
All versions of W10 are essentially LTSC now getting mostly security updates as development of new features has shifted focus to W11.

>I already run Windows 7, but don't want to clean install?
The non-LTSC installers can upgrade.

>Are homebrew ISOs safe (Gen2/Ameliorated)?
Not really, use only official Microsoft images.

/fwt/ spammer aka staxshill filter (4chanX): pastebin.com/F0Trfkfq

Previous thread:

Attached: 1643947549371.png (1020x1222, 1.54M)

nakadashi

Attached: fight.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

nakadashi sharkloli

i tried to update my windows 7 to windows 10 and it simply said 'upgrade failed' with no other information on what happened, should i try again? what could have happened? theres nothing wrong with my PC, i just want to be able to play W10 only games...

That error is too vague, I've only had it once, and my issue was (I think) my HDD was too close to full so when it tried to unpack everything it failed, I instead did a fresh install, erasing everything and installing W10 from blank, but that isn't always feasible

yeah thats my problem man, i dont know what the problem is, lol. i have 75GB free, likely to be too little?

No I don't think that is too little, I had like 16GB free

ah ok cool, ill try again overnight and see what it does. maybe itll...just werk this time.

Is there something better than this?
Looking for something with no warez I can readily give out to people without worrying about it later.

Attached: 1625223937904.png (846x575, 261.01K)

>You need Microsoft Edge to be able to install the latest version of Powertoys

Attached: enough.jpg (316x202, 30.25K)

For the last few weeks or so every time I boot I get failed to install updates, undoing changes. Anyone else had this problem, what solved it for you? Otherwise, any troubleshooting tips would be nice.

What is wrong with diskmgmt.msc?

>What is wrong with diskmgmt.msc?

Attached: 1641790920160.jpg (745x749, 253.88K)

If one doesn't know what specifically you want out of Paragon's partition manager that diskmgmt doesn't do, then it is hard to know what you qualify as "better" for the software you give to people

>lacks even the most basic of functionality
>"wHaT's WrOnG wItH iT?!?!

see I don't use Paragon's software, I see 6 features prominently featured on its website, dskmgmt can do 3 of the 6, and i'm pretty sure other software exists that can "Check for errors on selected partitions"

So I wanted to inquiry what specifics is the poster looking for so I could do some research for him, as I am willing to gather information for him because I have free time to search, read articles, and watch reviews.

If you want me to just say gparted without trying to cater to him then fine. use Gparted.

Forgot my pic

Attached: Untitled.png (922x602, 43.45K)

why your general doesnt mention LTSB? what if someone has gt9800 where only working drivers are on 2015 versions of windows 10

new dev build when bros?

You can still download it from the Links in the paste. Learn to read, nigger.

>Anyone else had this problem
yeah
>what solved it for you?
formatting my drives and making a completely fresh install to fix all the broken shit from upgrading through old windows versions instead of fresh installs

it cant even do the first item on that list which anyone with multiple partitions would always eventually need

I never said it could, I said it can do 3 of the 6, and other software can check for errors. The point wasn't to promote diskmgmt the point was to know what the key features he wanted were or if it was just the remaining 2/6, because once again I don't use the Paragon software, I don't know what else it can do.

well fuck that, I don't have time to reinstall everything. I'd rather just turn off updates.