WiFi but higher power

Is there some sort of high powered (higher than 1 watt) transmitter I can use for digital data transmission?

I would use GMRS or something but its illegal to transmit encrypted data over it and it's not the intended purpose

I would use LoRA WAN but I need something more powerful and able to transmit much more data.

I would also ask if it's possible to modify existing wifi technology to exceed the FCC restrictions of 1 watt WiFi signals, but I don't think that it would be very easy with existing tech

Attached: lorawrawra.png (396x127, 4.57K)

cellular networks
wifi with directional antennae

that's your options for long range high bandwidth data in the unlicensed domain

>I would also ask if it's possible to modify existing wifi technology to exceed the FCC restrictions of 1 watt WiFi signals, but I don't think that it would be very easy with existing tech
Pretty easy, assuming you know RF electronics.

WiFi is on the same frequency as the magnetron in a microwave oven. Make with that knowledge what you will.

No, I don't have a degree in electrical engineering (although I have an interest in the field and would be open to learning).

Are you fucking insane KEK
I would be interested to see what you had in mind though

Like... I don't think the FCC will come to my door for boosting my wifi signal to 10 watts, but 1200 watt microwave oven magnetron?

Nah dude... no way... has to be a joke...

Attached: wtf.jpg (1076x819, 67.83K)

Get transceiver based on x1280 and add a $50 amplifier from ebay and you can make a 2.4GHz lora radio for $100 total. Nicerf is a good company who makes sx1280 based 0.5W modules.

Attached: 11342_1020229356.jpg (226x310, 15.9K)

lora is extremely low throughput

microwave is also shielded and has an rf absorbing object inside

this sounds like an easy way to get cataracts, cancer, thermal burns, or all of the above

but yes, do enlighten us on how OP can burn his house down by trying to boost his wifi signal with this

>this sounds like an easy way to get cataracts, cancer, thermal burns, or all of the above
this sounds like ramblings of a retard

The 2.4GHz ones go up to 250kbps. Lora is more about the range tho.

WiFi + directional antenna

Attached: aae5d7ea8836a55c0962efece07825f8.jpg (600x397, 62.25K)

Attached: magnetron.jpg (202x284, 11.94K)

user.. what is that...

You may need to find a microwave oven with a slightly damaged case.
That is a microwave oven with a slightly damaged case.

So... is it actually possible to use this as a wifi transmitter?

no

Some guy tried to use a magnetron for comms.
The problem is that it has no frequency stability.
Furthermore it'd be very hard to modulate the signal, you can kind of by varying the current but because of said stability you'd get a very noisy FM signal.

no fucking shit

I mean, magnetron has been used for radar, you'd think you could get a clean signal out of it. Maybe it depends on the construction and the oven magnetron just isn't built for that. He even tried to lock it to a PLL.

What the fuck is your use case here exactly?
Area coverage? Buy more AP and distribute them.
Range? Get a long-range antena.

Attached: ltu-lr-1_800x[1].png (700x700, 141.17K)

How long range is it though?

>Buy more AP and distribute them.
Is it even possible to pull this off without having a billion SSIDs?

If you have 2 fixed locations, just use a laser.