/wdg/ - Web Development General

Noa Edition
>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to Noa!
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - a good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - quite a good JS tutorial according to Noa
freecodecamp.org - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, Ruby on Rails, and SQL
fullstackopen.com/en/ - requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource according to some anons
phptutorial.net - Noa's Personal Home Page

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using the following format in your posts (the scraper will pick it up):
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previously on /wdg/...

Attached: n.webm (1280x938, 1.38M)

hi /wdg/ i just wanted to share my web app again
26reads.com
I also created a blog component last week: 26reads.com/blog

Newfag here that wants to become a web developer. Where the hell do I start? What are the best languages to learn? What are the best learning platforms for self-taught individuals? I read the OP post but can someone give my a quick rundown and point me in the right direction? I know a little bit of HTML and CSS but not enough to apply for jobs and stuff.

I appreciate the help in advance.

Attached: AAuE7mAWB2NwBa21ALP9IG0YCVLzviy_MwunKsl19A=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no.jpg (900x900, 62.27K)

>Where the hell do I start?
JavaScript for a little bit until you understand the DOM, etc. Then immediately move to TypeScript because everyone uses it now.

Then play around with frameworks like React/Angular/Vue/etc. and make something.

Free code academy or the Odin project if you are a poor fag

Also you can torrent popular Udemy courses. Angela Ye, my waifu, has one that is good but it's like 30gb

I'm not experienced with webdev stuff, I'm just making a simple personal website. Is there a way to somehow automatically parse a folder with markdown files into a blog, which could be embedded in a existing website. Without javascript preferably.

Attached: 1632800730540.jpg (399x681, 64.59K)

Look at a static site generator like Hugo. There's premade themes for it you can use and it just takes markdown files and makes them web pages.

Anyone have a list of cheap storage like wasabi and crowdstorage?

how the hell do i access the properties in this array of objects? i tried to destructure out tasks to make things easier but

const Content = ({ setListOfTasks, listOfTasks }) => {
const { tasks } = listOfTasks;
console.log(listOfTasks, "first");
console.log(tasks._id, "second");
}

first log returns the arrays, second returns undefined as in the picture

Attached: howaccess.png (285x349, 13.58K)

>listOfTasks[0]._id

I have a client asking me to build an e-commerce site. What should I base it on? Shopify? Magneto? Woocommerce?

had an interview recently and it probably didnt go very well as im not very good at small talk or interviews in general. would it be a bad idea to email them asking if there is anything I can do to showcase my skills related to the job? it sounds embarrassing but Im pretty desperate to get a job. Im supposed to hear back from them next week

It's an array. It says Array twice in the image you posted. How do you expect to access an array?

Aren't Shopify and Woo the same thing? Anyway I can attest that they both suck.

I hope you're not suggesting to use Magento.

I'm suggesting that the pre-built ecommerce solutions are overly complex pieces of shit written in PHP.

>would it be a bad idea to email them asking if there is anything I can do to showcase my skills related to the job
No harm in it imo. Following up with them after an interview shows initiative imo, not desperation.

nakadashi noa-chan

Are they? I thought Shopify was it's own stand alone platform and Woo was a Wordpress plugin? If not those, what would you recommend? I'm guessing Magneto is not worth it given what you two said?

I don't know the whole story, but it seems like you're biting more than you can chew.
Building an e-commerce is no job for a single dev, especially if this dev has no experience with e-commerce, as it seems to be the case.
What I can say about those platforms, is that I have worked for a company that built its system on Magento, and the pricing for the amount of traffic we had escalated terribly, to the point we had to rebuild the whole system from scratch to unlock it from the platform.

fyi you should pretty much always email your interviewer after an interview to thank them and follow-up with some more info and continue to sell yourself
it'll set you apart from those who don't follow-up