I fucked up and have a bachelor's in English Education and I'm about to have a master's in English...

I fucked up and have a bachelor's in English Education and I'm about to have a master's in English. I just got hired as an adjunct "professor" and I made about 5k for the entire semester. I've finally started to realize how financially stupid this career path has been. I'm unironically taking the coding path and want to transition into web development. I just want you to know that you were right... that unless you go to college for a STEM major, you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot/wallet. Hopefully I can secure a job in web development some day. I can't support my future wife and future kids as a fucking adjunct professor and it sucks to swallow that pill.

Attached: 1641281525992.jpg (1200x1200, 278.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

epik.go.kr/index.do
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What has to have gone so wrong that the more advanced your degree gets, the less money the jobs pay

The system is broken, but fuck off we're full. We can't keep having career-switches flood into tech.

I apologize but I have to try

Sorry mate, good luck. You will only get owned posting here with a sob story and no question, though.
My unsolicited advice is to get familiar with HTML and CSS and the basics of JavaScript, then learn one of the big frameworks like React

Thanks man. I kinda set myself up for bait. I'm working through the odin project right now. Learning the JS fundamentals. Thank you for the advice! I appreciate it.

>English
cose English is monkey langiage
learn Russian or Chinese as 2nd degree

should have studied math at least, dumbo. lots of possibilities as a math teacher.

Fuck off we’re full

Just move to Japan dude they need tons of actually good -degree- english teachers.
You can teach at a university there or whatever and fuck a ton of pussy on your free time

Attached: feet566345.jpg (1320x1980, 1.46M)

As the other user said stick with JS and CSS. Do not waste your money on bootcamp or other training courses unless they guarantee a job. Check out free code camp and odin project. Work on your portfolio so you can learn and pad your resume. Also look at the job openings in your local area to get a good idea of what you need to learn. God speed.

Attached: 1630847307153.png (1024x1005, 946.63K)

Thanks for the advice and the encouragement. I'm going to continue the odin project while I finish up my masters. Just a shame to continue a degree in the meantime.

> bachelor's in English Education
I'm sorry, but what in the fuck is this shit

>>Just move to Japan dude they need tons of actually good -degree- english teachers.
>Become a JET throwaway wagie
Fate worse than hell

>become professor
>not using it as a chance to groom students

Attached: 1638558400037.jpg (271x263, 57.56K)

Get a English teaching job at a non-english speaking country. Eg, South korea has 'Epik' program which makes it easier for professors to easily get proper job over there.
epik.go.kr/index.do

Korea sucks ass
Even they don't want to be there

Attached: 1637091895259.jpg (590x333, 54.58K)

It's a degree with certifications to teach

JET sucks, university is cool, if you are in your 20s and can fast track a master's degree in English or Education, use this as a way to get a job at the most rural university in Nippon that you can tolerate. Enjoy your light workloads, tons of free time, and easy pussy.

Attached: kawaii.jpg (750x750, 165.52K)

I did EPIK 10 years ago. I taught 5th grade which was a living hell for me. Later in my career I taught at a small university in China, which was the best job of my life, but in the worst living environment. Internet in China is chicken fried fucked.

Pic: Korean school lunch

Attached: 2011-10-19 12.21.07.jpg (2048x1536, 311.28K)

Another school lunch. Photo was taken from a Samsung Galaxy S II. This was 10 years ago after all.

Attached: 2011-10-20 12.22.51.jpg (2048x1536, 306.84K)

Fish cake soup with mixed grain rice, radish/spinach salad with gochujang, tofu with something spicy, and what looks like chicken with jujubees.

Korea is cold as shit and I got sick a lot there

Attached: 2011-10-24 12.18.56.jpg (2048x1536, 313.19K)

White rice with spicy clam soup, white (non-spicy) kimchi, fried fish patty with tartar sauce, mung bean salad with imitation crab.

Confucian culture was very hard to contend with. As the youngest guy in the office AND as a foreigner, I got shit on constantly every day.

Attached: 2011-11-07 12.20.52.jpg (2048x1536, 274.44K)

Spaghetti day was fucking awesome. Almost every week they would have a spaghetti day. The toast here was sweetened with sugar.

Lunches were free for students and faculty, which was nice. I always thought it was ironic, that public schools in the USA charge and serve absolute garbage. Even later in my career working at high schools in the US, I wouldn't be caught dead eating the cafeteria prison food.

Attached: 2011-11-16 12.24.04.jpg (2048x1536, 354.04K)