I use privateinternetaccess how fucked am I?

I use privateinternetaccess how fucked am I?

Attached: 200556.png (1400x1050, 121.66K)

>he literally pays glowniggers for a proxy

just use incognito mode on chrome you dumb fuck.

I use it to torrent

FYI, the top 5 VPNs are all owned by the same (jewish) company.

amogus

Attached: Screenshot_20220203-193211-415.png (1020x1050, 201.75K)

Well ThatOnePrivacySite is gone so aside from the old staples of Mullvad, AirVPN, Nord, Proton, it's hard to even know what VPN is good or not anymore as every site is paid shills.

What's wrong with PIA? Been using them for years and they've always been solid

Use mullvad my nigger

Owned by Kape Technologies, a company known for creating and spreading malware in the past.
Also the same company that owns ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, ZenMate, etc.

op here and same but I was watching a linux youtuber's video and he brought up this which got me thinking.

how are they better still part of the 5 eyes

Mullvad is a part of 5 eyes, but Swedish law doesn't allow for secret wire taps in the way other EU countries often do. Also, a non-EU country might not be a part of five eyes but that doesn't mean they don't have backdoor agreements that might be even worse.

Interesting. So they inject malware into the VPN clients that they distribute? I only run mine on Linux so I'm guessing I'd be safer just owing to traditional malware targeting Linux is so much more rare. Wouldn't simply using your own client (i.e. OpenVPN) even on Windows completely mitigate that?

Unless you're just talking about that being their track record so they could be keeping traffic logs for more nefarious purposes.

can pay without an email

Mullvad has an app but it's GPLv3. It targets Debian & Fedora but you can also get it on the AUR.

Honestly all I need a VPN for is torrenting, everything else who really cares. I think I pay something like $30/year for PIA. Doesn't seem like it's worth switching to something more expensive for such a use case

You are pretty fucked. Being this stupid should be a recognised disability. Do the human race a favour and don't have a child.

>I think I pay something like $30/year for PIA
Are you paying monthly? Don't. I paid like $45 for two years on PIA. you're doing it wrong

Nope, that's why I said per year. I wouldn't be surprised if they've added longer term subscriptions since I signed up, pretty sure when I did back in like 2014(?) a year was the longest term you could do.

PIA is fine for torrenting. I stopped using them because I use a VPN all the time and I don't trust Kape. Literally trusting an Israeli malware company with your traffic.

Also, their server quality really went down, like I'd be connecting to their american servers but I'd end up with a Euro IP and things would end up appearing in bulgarian or whatever. Plus their servers more and more commonly got blacklisted from stuff.

Yeah I wouldn't trust them with all of my data either. I am curious though, why traffic everything through a VPN?

Everything is SSL encrypted anyway, and if you want to hide what sites you're visiting from someone, all you're doing is shifting that burden from your ISP to your VPN provider. I'm not sure I'd trust a VPN provider more than my ISP.

Unless you're in somewhere like China where you literally have to in order to be able to access most of the internet, I really don't see the need.