/spg/ - Smartphone General

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-S21-Ultra-splash-1536w-864h.jpg (1536x864, 329.21K)

My Galaxy S8 has been working well for the past four years until recently. Now it glitches constantly when I type and is slow when looking between apps. It seemingly happened overnight. Is this planned obsolescence?

I want a mid-size phone and I hate phones with chins, so is there any other viable answer than s22?

Attached: 1505011653553.jpg (1023x682, 139.38K)

What's a chin?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 103.35K)

I don't think I'd be comfortable with a phone with no bottom bezel. The buttons/keyboard would be too low.

>5 cameras
It's like they're taking a piss, like they're trying to make it look stupid on purpose.

that's how iphones are, so i think most people could manage.

So how many of you fell for this meme of a phone with it's dogshit screen and dogshit battery?

Attached: apple-iphone-se-2020-1.jpg (558x670, 72.87K)

Reddit takes, go back.
Smash it with a hammer.

Looking to switch networks from cricket. Need a new phone too (LGV30+) Requirements: Good battery, extendable storage, 3.5mm headphone jack. Top three networks are Tmobile, verizon, or boost.

this. I got a Pixel 6 coming from a Pixel 3a XL. The phone size is the same but the screen goes further down, so the keyboard is lower. I've had it for a month and I'm still not really used to it, it's pretty awkward for my thumbs.

Attached: 1643826848778.jpg (331x318, 62.92K)

Is the upgrade from 4G to 5G necessary? Or a requirement? Cricket is disabling my phone until I upgrade.

budget?

You will never be able to tell you're using 4G or 5G when using your phone except when downloading apps, which you should be doing on wifi anyway. When browsing the net or consuming media, 4G is more than fast enough for everything. I still have no idea why 5G even exists to be honest

Attached: ver2.png (800x800, 374.92K)

It's a "Reddit take" to say that it's impossible for someone to not leave their house in 8 years? No it isn't, you dumb fuck.

Why is the top speaker on the S20FE sound really low compared to the bottom speaker? On my S9 the sound was pretty balanced between the two.

>what are hikikomori

iphone have the keyboard higher on their modern looking phones

Attached: image.jpg (828x605, 113.24K)

>I still have no idea why 5G even exists to be honest
General radiation poisoning
Graphene in coronavirus vaccines is interfaced by 5g to control your behaviour and more

Losers. They are losers.

I've never even used 4g, 3g speed feels completely sufficient for me, even for downloading torrents.

Seethe

>S20FE 5G
- faster chipset
- better camera
- usb 3.0
- samsung dex
- maybe a slightly better screen? I don't know
- slightly better speakers
- slightly better water resistance
- wireless charging

>A52s 5G
- headphone jack
- one more year of upgrades (will get android 14)
- gorilla glass 5
- slightly cheaper

Why is it so hard to choose between these two?
If only S20FE got one extra years of support the choice would have been much clearer

Looks like the person seething here is you.