Americans will still swipe their cards into the 2030s

>Americans will still swipe their cards into the 2030s
Europe could have gone chip/ tapping only a decade ago and even thirdies will do so before you, so thank you for keeping my card insecure................... NOT!

Attached: 1643657174685.jpg (634x357, 106.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/g/thread/85475581/#85475581
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm American and I haven't needed to use anything other than my watch to pay for anything in years. Even gas stations let me just tap my watch to the pump.

not defending it but i've heard from shop owners that the card companies charge premium for chip

chip? tapping? ive never heard of this. please give me a run down

you made this thread yesterday

And he'll keep making it every day until Americans have universal chip

im american and everywhere i buy shit lets you tap or insert the card i haven't swiped a card in years

Then do they charge for tapping? 20% plus tip?
Lol

No i did not
Post link

we already have it everywhere
the issue isn't lack of chip acceptance, it's just that most places still support swipe fallback if chip doesn't work so you can get around it that way

yes, card transactions are jewish all around
it's all designed to fuck over small businesses that cant afford to lobby against greedy payment processing companies
and i mean fuck it, i cant blame any small business that does this one single bit. its a good fight but it wont be won

desuarchive.org/g/thread/85475581/#85475581

I'd be more sympathetic to the plight of small businesses if they weren't all run mostly incompetently and trying as hard as they can to fuck over customers regardless of how well they're doing.

>live in USA
>card chip got damaged
>please insert chip - ERROR TRY AGAIN
>please swipe card
>works

Whats the point of chips anyways if you can just swipe your card after 3 failed reads?

if the chip works and you don't swipe then it's a lot harder to grab the card info with a pos skimmer
if you already have the card info you can still use it easily with swipe fallback though

>chip card gets damaged
and you didn’t get a same day 1 hour reissue of your card from your local Barclays…. Why?

>3 days ago
>yesterday in American time
Yes, this quintessentially the spirit of this thread.

imagine thinking this is a flex

Attached: m2HpZBc.gif (960x540, 1.36M)

i mean, fair. there are some good ones, but at least half of them are shit.
still, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. rather an incompetent and sometimes bitchy small business than a mega-corporation that will seek to fuck all of us over for more money

The home depot i went to constantly had their chip reader broke, magnetic swipe just werks

this