STM32 boards

Wtf is this fucking board. I bought it because it was cheap but there are no fucking tutorials and I understand jack shit.
Did I get scammed and I should have gone for an Arduino anons?

The boars in pic is an STM32 Nucleo 64 F401RE

Attached: stm32.jpg (1000x666, 304.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32-nucleo-boards.html#documentation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

whats the problem with it

if you expected to work with this with arduino-level skills, then yea you shouldve bought an arduino
for everyone else, its expected to know what jtag is and how to use it, and to be able to read technical reference manuals.
stm is one of the nicer toolchains. im sure you'll find plenty resources for every function and peripheral on your disk, after you installed stmcubemx and the like

literally everyone and their dog uses stm32, if he isn't capable of figuring out a nucleo board then he probably won't have much luck with arduino either.

I am quite lost. I am searching for what the pins do but I am not finding many noob friendly tutorials, and trying to read the reference specs and manuals on the STM website renders me a little bit lost.

I am just asking for a book, a ressource or a series that explains the basis well so I can advance

Yep my error. A teacher recommended me the STM32 because of its use in industry so I jumped on it.

I am just very new to technical electronic. Like I am trying to figure out the difference between Analog Grounds and Digital Ground

bump

did you go to this page user?

st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32-nucleo-boards.html#documentation

i'll point you in the right direction but you gotta atleast say where you're struggling

It's really simple. Download cubeide and select your MCU's model name when creating a project and that's it. It even comes with a pin/clock configurator that shows the pin names and their locations. If you need more info search for MCU model + reference/user manual, one of them has a list of HAL functions and the other one has info about the chip like register descriptions.

Yes, ST docs are notoriously terrible.

>I am searching for what the pins do
it's printed on the fucking board

>I am searching for what the pins do
generally, you can classify the pins into x groups
>power - "VCC" "VDD" "3V3" etc
>ground - "GND" sometimes "VSS"
>clock - "XTAL" "ECO" "XCO" "WCO" etc
>GPIO

the latter are usually multi-function pins. so for example some will be capable for SPI, some maybe for I2C, etc, but typically they can all be software controlled input/output pins. there is no clear answer, you just have to look up what function you need and then find the right pin for it.

>Like I am trying to figure out the difference between Analog Grounds and Digital Ground
you typically have separated analog and digital grounds when there is a noisy or high current system on either of the grounds, and another system on the other ground which is sensitive to noise. or one side needs a very narrow (impedance controlled) current return path, while the other ground must ensure large ground pads for high current.
tldr; its to suppress noise and other side effects of mixed systems

Have you downloaded the datasheet for the MCU and the getting started document for the board? (The latter is kinda dated when it comes to software tools though)
Have you installed stm32cubeide and looked at the supplied examples?

Attached: HeroImage-1.jpg (1280x692, 111.16K)

Aduino is good starting point for embedded but you'll move onto STM really quickly anyway

STM is basically the gold standard for embedded, the boards are cheap and good, the toolchain is wonderful, and there are plently of tutorials (relative to other embedded boards) out there. Perservere user.

Those are the Arduino ones. The ST morpho ones I am trying to understand, because there is the double number of pins.

Yes it redirected me to the F401RE board documentation.

Thanks a lot. I have installed stm32cubeide but I am a little lost using it. I am gonna seek more tutorials on it. The main problems I have is what each pins does. Thanks for you anons for your time.

Yeah I understood that. I find all tutorials rely on some base knowledge I seem to lack. But thank you user I am gonna persevere.

its easier to learn C on arduino first and then try to transfer the knowledge over, STM32 are not beginner boards.

>The main problems I have is what each pins does
Read the datasheet and reference manual on your mcu. See you in the couple of weeks.

Unless I'm mistaken, those are fabricated in Europe for a change.

arduino is programmed in c++, you moron

arduino can be programmed in C also you moron

>because there is the double number of pins.
Just use a shift register

No it can't. You can drop the whole arduino system and program it bare metal, but that would be not arduino.

Yep, STM produces their tech in Europe (STM being French/Italian) but I am not sure for their ARM stuff is done in Europe

MCU being the number of the board or the number of the microcontroller ?

Can you explain please?

>MCU being the number of the board or the number of the microcontroller ?
mcu = microcontroller unit

Of course it can. I use arduino-mk but I write in all C. If necessary I can tap into the C++ arduino libraries, but I don't use the IDE.

I thought arduino used Processing

Processing is a retarded made-up shit just to confuse everyone. It's C++ with most of the standard library disabled.