Is GUI creation bound to objective programming...

Is GUI creation bound to objective programming? Graphical toolkits and libraries almost always make use of object handling, inheritance and to some extent polymorphism. I have briefly skimmed through GTK C bindings and it looks like a very poor attempt at recreating object spawning with functions like gtk_some_widget_new()
it there any sane C GUI toolkit?

Attached: 1632562007329.jpg (1456x949, 360.15K)

>it there any sane C GUI toolkit?
you will never be able to have a sane GUI toolkit while also expecting it to work on multiple and completely different OSs with multiple bindings and backends

I recognize that cities are traffic shitholes, but why didn't they put in some multi level parking decks?

>multiple bindings and backends
How about C only toolkit that is simple enough for a brainlet to use

which C? c89? c99? c11? cXX?

whatever current gcc supports , c11 i guess

there is no qualitative difference between any of the different C standards.

that's prob dallas or some other texan shithole, where land is cheap and flat so there's little incentive for developers to go up rather than out

web

>texas shithole
>its a bad thing to have a lot of land to put stuff on rather than some calif commie city or new york body regulating it so no one can build without multiple approvals

It's also an extremely old photo from 1978. Pic related, while still not great, is a big improvement.

Attached: houston.jpg (1920x987, 509.24K)

GTK literally uses hand written OOP and inheritance. Fucking awful.
And no, there is no reason no to use OOP in any project, let alone GUI, as long as you don't go full retard with it.

Now Houston is a shithole, that I can agree with

Based

GObject is better than anything that requires C++ just because it's C
you also get bindings to a lot of languages for free if you use it

>80% parking lots
cardependency is a disease that makes murica ugly af

Attached: natsuki.png (740x740, 403.93K)

Cleanse the cities of filthy disgusting street people and normal people will be more willing to consider alternatives to everyone using a personal automobile to get around. Until then, people will prefer their climate controlled metal and glass pods that (mostly) protect them from the scum of society.

It's a chicken or the egg first kind of situation, but Americans are far too greedy to ever think of living in a way that doesn't punish everyone else.

Cleanse the cities from cars and you'll take away 99% of what makes living in big cities a shitty experience.

That's why I'm gonna live to the Netherlands. Been there a few months ago and it's a whole different level of life quality, too bad people don't realize how better their lives could be without cars and do this for the rest of the world.

Attached: aa.jpg (640x926, 179.42K)

>it there any sane C GUI toolkit?
yes, ncurses

>ncurses
>GUI
achshually it's TUI

You can use declarative (HTML) or functional (React) gui libs, but then you’d have to learn JS.