Some old client called me and asked me if I could make a website for him, I said "yes"...

Some old client called me and asked me if I could make a website for him, I said "yes". I'm a graphic designer and I don't know anything about coding. Did I fuck up or is 1 week of intense learning at night enough to make it? I didn't want to say "no" because it is a good opportunity to build webdev experience and reputation. He is one of my biggest clients so I know it's a real project and there is a very good chance he sends more if I do a good job.

Attached: fug.png (1200x788, 267.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scrimba.com/learn/learnreact
nerdwallet.com/article/small-business/ecommerce-website-builder
busstopboutique.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>is 1 week of intense learning at night enough to make it?
i dont know, retard. you didnt tell us what he wants

basic page + contact form + product gallery (no shopping cart yet).

html + css + le funny js effects you can do it. Otherwise, you're fukd.

It depends on what do you mean by creating a website.
Programming a website with a custom backend from scratch? No.
Creating something that contains images, text, and already existing patterns (blog, wiki, embedded map...)? Probably yes, if you are determined enough.

>contact form
please elaborate further

If it's a brochure site, econmerce site, etc, then there are website builders you should use. Wix, Shopify etc. You won't go from an HTML tutorial to an econmerce site over a week.

If he wants a webapp made that has some interactivity, do this course immediately:
scrimba.com/learn/learnreact

Should take less than a week if you learn quickly.

an online store? im not a webdev, but i could probably come up with a static page that does that within a week. you might have to learn a lot more if you want him to code a easy admin interface for him to dynamically add products. this all depends on how simple you want the site to be

Use one of these: nerdwallet.com/article/small-business/ecommerce-website-builder

I'd recommend trying out Wordpress. Generally speaking, it's an unmaintainable bloated piece of excrement, but it's useful if you have to create something very fast without too much technical knowledge.

>all these idiots shilling wix and javascript frameworks
Holy shit this place is worse than I thought.
You can make this with a couple of days spent learning basic html, css, and php. You don't even need javascript.

Attached: 096bb806839abe634c4d679d4587a7733cb2d4feaf3a0633796fc30eaf7df7ec.jpg (664x701, 123.99K)

Tip OP: When you accept the job, include a support and maintenance clause. Require that they pay you once a month for support and maintenance of the website.
Remember to say it confidently, as though this is something you always do.

Also this is not a bad suggestion:
Certainly better than trying to shit out something with a website builder or javascript framework. Most of the websites you're using are probably wordpress with some plug-ins.

Imagine suggesting Wix lol.

I think he'll be alright using bootstrap. The only difficulty I can find is the admin interface to add products as user here said

This is the real world user. How would you handle secure payments?
Doing things minimally and rolling your own is fine for personal projects and learning purposes, but this is a different ball game.
Go back to /dpt/.

w-whats /dpt/

>This is the real world user. How would you handle secure payments?
The same way whatever pre-made solution you're shilling does it. Do you think it's hard to handle payments or something?
>this is a different ball game
says the faggot building on top of some API and code I shit out 15-20 years ago while drunk.

OP here, he wants something like this:
busstopboutique.com
but prettier (I got that covered). As I said already, there is no plans yet for selling products yet, it seems like the site will be to convince some investor. If the project is greenlighted (a ~6months from now) then a full webstore functionality should be coded. I know it doesn't look like much but it is real, not every client is google.

OP if you don't know about webdev you fuck up, simple as
I don't even have to explain you why

They make it looks pretty part it's easy, but if this needs to be functional you better call him and tell him you died of covid.

>says the faggot building on top of some API and code I shit out 15-20 years ago while drunk.
I am serous by the way. How many websites are running your shitty php code? I stopped counting when I saw mine on the evening news being used by Al-Qaeda. Was an odd feeling seeing that. This was back when we were still supposed to hate Muslims for existing.

OP should just learn wordpress and slap together something for his client. The client is going to be impressed by it. OP can learn the finer details later. Starting with Wix or some javashit framework will just lead to frustration and a bad time. It's shit. Everyone knows it's shit. Nodevs like (you) know they can't do any better.

Web shit isn't hard. PHP is one of the easiest programming languages you can learn. Any retard can slap together a real website in a weekend. If you're scared of html you have no business giving anyone advice.

Attached: show_me_your_moves.gif (320x240, 1.23M)

You would be surprised about the amount of people who accept jobs they are not qualified to do. The world basically works like that.

If you have like a month or so to do it I would recommend the Odinproject and meth

If the client have time, sure, other wise just buy a template on evato

Sounds all doable.
Did the client give you specific stylings for the webpage? If no you might get away with using a CSS framework like Bootstrap, it's very easy

The most tricky thing here is the contact form
The HTML form on the frontend is trivial. You have to get a backend to process the submitted data somehow, you will not get around learning JS or PHP here. But you might be able to get away with a mailto: link if the client is fine with that