Just learned about Free Libre Software and I'm having a realization crisis that everything I own is proprietary

Just learned about Free Libre Software and I'm having a realization crisis that everything I own is proprietary....

Can someone show me how I can convert over to this based lifestyle?

How can I replace my phone? laptop? camera? gaming console? smart speaker? lightbulbs? refrigerator? doorbell?

Attached: 20161122-pamplona-11.jpg (3543x2362, 2.15M)

Free hardware movement is the real only answer to those things. The FS movement is a very good thing, but until we start getting manuals and schematics with the shit we buy, we'll be stuck in the dark age of technology.

No. Go fuck yourself consoomer.

you dont, you grow up and realize that there are more important things to do in life then larp about muh free software on a Japanese anime imageboard.

Don't think you have to change your entire lifestyle overnight.
Genuinely the best thing you can do is to just attempt to use libre software whenever you can in-place of what you do use and slowly start incorporating it into your life and start moving away from uneeded proprietary software and devices.

Libre software was and is still made to serve the user. Proprietary software exists to make money.
Keep that in mind as you go about your life and you'll start noticing how much it "pops up" in your regular interactions with propeitary systems

Attached: 4xs1wj4bfnx61.jpg (2048x1152, 431.56K)

nothing is more important than freedom

install gentoo

Get a Pinephone (Pro) and an MNT reform. Run postmarketOS on the former, and OpenBSD on the latter. If you need a server, or just a powerful desktop, get an IBM POWER9 CPU with a Talos motherboard, and install KISS Linux or LFS on it. Don't use software that is not wholly licenced with a Copyleft or permissive licence. If you want to go the extra mile, ensure that the software wasn't written by a cooperation, doesn't have online functionality unless absolutely necessary, and is written in a statically linked language. It goes without saying, but compile everything from source.

>windows: can get shit done
>linux: can't
Sounds like Windows is freer.

no, fuck off ameritard

is that a real program in a book

you don't need most of those. read a book, go do things with people and so on

Until you try to remove Cortana. Or remove Edge. Or remove useless telemetry. Or do anything to the OS they don't like. I should not have to run debloater scripts every update to remove this shit.

The most important thing to take away from learning about libre software, is awareness. Most people either have no idea they are being spied on, or do I owe but don't care. Kbow that there are backdoors I to your OS, know that Google collects all your browsing data, know that any privacy you think you have on these systems is an illusion.
Once you have that knowledge, taylor your behavior how you see fit.
Libre software provides you with an alternative. I think everyone should have at least one libre machine at the very least to use when they don't want to be spied on.
That's the first step. If you have a laptop your ok with switching OS on start there. Old ThinkPads are cheap and easy to come by of you want to start fresh.

dont care, i just get to work
i still have weather on my taskbar, i like it
i have the cortana button on my taskbar, never clicked it
not my problem

Removing stuff from Windows is easy compared to adding a filepicker with thumbnails to GNU/Linux.

>i have the cortana button on my taskbar, never clicked it
Shows what a pathetic wintoddler you are that you didn't even hide it if you aren't going up use it. Pathetic consoomer piece of tranny shit

Stallman is a hardliner. And that's OK, but it's also perfectly fine to implement Free Software with some compromises. Having him around just serves as a reminder not to go too proprietary.
>phone
I use a regular old dumbphone. Nothing you can do against glowies listening in, though. This just helps you from putting any personal data into the locked down system of an iPhone or Android phone.
>laptop
No need to replace. Install a Free OS. Proprietary blobs are a fact of life you want something reasonably modern, so don't worry about those.
>camera
No need to replace because your camera doesn't hold any personal information it could transmit to anyone.
>gaming console
The problem with those, nowadays, is DRM. The answer here is get rid of it and emulate older consoles on your PC if you really need video games. PS3 emulation can be done in 1080p at full speed on a modern AMD APU now.
>smart speaker
You mean like a voice assistant? There's Mycroft.
>lightbulbs, refrigerator, doorbell
sounds to me like IoT stuff that is completely unnecessary. but for some of these, especially lights, you might look into Home Assistant Yellow

shows im not a weak faggot like you
keep using linux, tinkertranny
posted from microsoft edge

What's really important is that for every piece of software you use you ask yourself
Is this necessary?
Is there a Free alternative?

>t. pajeet who wants his english masters back

Proprietary doesn't always mean bad. As a rule of thumb, everything low level and programs that connect to internet should be open-source. But that's not possible today
>How can I replace my phone?
You can't. Just install most based possible softwares on your existing phone. Don't install pajeetOS on your phone
>laptop?
Window LTSC. For browser just stick with basic Firefox. For VPN, do your own research
Avoid "distros", Tor, encryption, etc. You don't need that level of privacy. Instead, spread the idea of privacy do people IRL. Give them simple easy non-autistic recommendations like I did just now

Cinnamon desktop. Problem solved.

meds