The future of programming is drag n' drop

The future of programming is drag n' drop

Attached: Unreal Engine 5 - Beginner's Tutorial (with Blueprint) - YouTube.png (1280x720, 697.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DeepMind/status/1488907865792385024
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In fact, it isn't, you can program every fucking little variation of code into a node, it's practically impossible.
I would assume, these will appear on some random frameworks for web shit and nothing more, but they will never be standalone programming languages because of what I said earlier.

node programming has been a thing for ages, and i dont see it replacing traditional programming

*blocks your path*

Attached: DB80131E-2941-4956-AF89-CF1E319846EE.png (850x509, 116.03K)

it is nice to have it as an option but it is too clunky to become the standard everywhere

>ahem, FUCK MATLAB AND FUCK SIMULINK
>thank you

Attached: 20D6F5BA-8E0F-40F2-B008-903E998105AC.png (616x417, 46.62K)

There is nothing inherent about code, in the general sense of data representing a program, being text. We went from programs being coded in hardware, to programs being coded in punchcards, to programs being coded in machine code on disk, to programs being coded in text. Why stop here?

We should be editing code more abstractly, not limiting ourselves to its disk representation.

>we compare fucking node programming for standard shit versus some specialized programming environment who can't be used to program anything you want
My point stands, as of today the only shit made into nodes are game engines and math shit, which cannot be used to program a server or a desktop app.

>which cannot be used to program a server or a desktop app.
game engines can make desktop programs

Large blueprints are impossible to read.

>The future of programming is drag n' drop
but who programs the drag n drop function?

But not easily with the node programming, which is centered around game related routines.
I know there are lots of desktop apps written on godot, but I would guess the faggots that wrote them didn't use the limited node programming it has.

AI

Every single time some business guy with basic understanding of computers comes up with this retarded idea:

> If we make programming visual and simple even non programmers will write programs. The potential for this is ground breaking!

This is what ends up happening, every single time:
1. They put together some drag and drop, signal flow type of "language"
2. It takes twice as much time and effort to do the same things as with regular code, some are not possible to represent without looking even more confusing that actual code
3. Programmers don't want to touch that shit
4. Normies don't want to use it either because, surprise surprise, they were never going to be programmers anyway, regardless of how pretty the businessretard managed to make it look

The outcome:
A class of "external consultants" will emerge. People who will have to be paid extra to do the very same things a regular programmer would do, but they have an official certification and either have nerves of steel and can live with that drag and drop shit or are themselves too stupid to actually code.

The future of programming is deep learning
twitter.com/DeepMind/status/1488907865792385024

Attached: 1620794638400.png (1222x1402, 520.95K)

Programming is programming. You don't need to write code (coding) to program something.

The problem with this is it requires customers to clearly describe what they want which everyone in business knows they can't do.

correct

Attached: mindstorms.gif (721x541, 72.04K)

where have the years gone...

>someone still needs to program the drag n' drop interface

Now what?

No it fucking isn't

Yes, navigating graphs using a visual interface is more practical. Also there is no need for parsers or AST.

I just used pspice for circuits.

They just want to pay programmers less and raise their own wages. Happens in every single discipline that requires thinking. MBA's with zero skill/talent gather up to find ways to justify their career and ruin people who they envy.