You will NOT disable the compositor or vsync

>you will NOT disable the compositor or vsync

Attached: wayland-logo-png-transparent.png (2400x2318, 151.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland-protocols/-/merge_requests/65
plebbit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/hy1xgm/how_to_easy_wayland_gaming_on_arch_linux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, no. I will not. I don't like tearing

>compositor

guess what
gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland-protocols/-/merge_requests/65

Wayland is a demonstrably better design philosophy which works towards solving the long term technical debt of xorg and linux trannies piss and shit themselves at the sight of it because MUH CHANGE

The wayland/xorg faggotry microcosm is a perfect representation of all the flaws of free software.
At this point linux with a gui is dead air. Use macos like all sane engineers and push linux to your servers. Stop pretending the linux workstation is viable.

Wayland has never given me a reason to.

you're tearing me apart

fpbp.
a thread died for this.

the only reason to disable compositors on Xorg is because they mostly suck and is more of a hack on top of the rest

not seeing why someone would want this on wayland

basically boils down to muh gaymes and exploiting how the signal is transmitted to the display in scanlines that are sampled and held (for that line). Personally I think it's all baity horse shit, but since gaymen is a professional now, professionals need their faggy "edge" even if it isn't real.

with his humongous penis?

Your meme is 2 years old fren.
>Now you can disable V-Sync in all your games, enjoy your tear-free experience.
plebbit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/hy1xgm/how_to_easy_wayland_gaming_on_arch_linux/

Holy shit, GNOME still doesn't support freesync? It's been almost 7 years.

Mac OS has a shitty Gnome-like GUI. If you're not gonna use Linux may as well use Windows, at least the UI is bearable.

wayland might be a good design philosophy but the implementation and rollout with key features missing or not standardized at all is pants-on-head retarded

> design philosophy
X11: "mechanism not policy" -> 40 years in productive use
Wayland: "Lets just standardize nothing and be really opinionated about vsync" -> 15 years in development, dead on arrival

That's mailbox mode though. It's not the same.

>"mechanism not policy"
>no concept of frames
>screens that you can drag windows across are tied to the same DPI and refresh rate
Nice mechanism kek

Wayland actually has a horrible design philosphy. It's the biggest thing holding it back. If the devs weren't so opinionated and just provided features and more standardization, we'd all already be using wayland and no one would really be complaining.

>disable the compositor
I dont even have one installed
t. x chad

>Xoomers believe just because they need an external compositor for more complex effects, X11 doesn't do any compositing on its own

It doesn't do any compositing unless you enable it.