Just got a job offer (informal, verbal) from a fusion reactor company, ama

just got a job offer (informal, verbal) from a fusion reactor company, ama

Attached: 1*oOJIPodXDrdZjuEtp3T8Jg.jpg (1838x684, 314.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toroidal_and_poloidal_coordinates
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_stability#List_of_plasma_instabilities
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>nothing burger

Do you expect to get an actual one?

Do you spit or swallow?

yes, just a ref check

> job offer
nobody gives a fuck about your employment, fuckwit. take your cancer to Any Forums.

*just a ref check, then they send the contract
I'm impatient, sue me

what do you intend to do when the founder runs off with all the scammed investment money?

they do, however, give a fuck about fusion reactors. stay mad that your threads die with one reply, I guess

have you ever pushed a finger in your butt to dig out poop to help with constipation?

hey, so long as my paychecks clear, I keep showing up
It's interesting work anyway, I'll be on plasma confinement

I would also like to know this. Does it help?

explain why the plasma has to twist to be stable

*nothing donut

is the reactor fusioning right now ?

i've always wondered: what is that fucking shape?
is there actual math behind it or is it just like in antenna design where they go "meh, simulations and experiments have shown this works so we're just rolling with it even though we don't really know why"

vocabulary: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toroidal_and_poloidal_coordinates
consider a donut with lines drawn on it in the toroidal direction. the lines are closer together around the hole of the donut. this creates an imbalance in the magnetic field strength in the radial direction, so the plasma all goes that way, so you lose it.
if the lines twist, the plasma will also be moving in the poloidal direction, so sometimes it will experience the field on the inside, and sometimes it will experience the field on the outside, so the net drift will be zero

the reactor does not exist right now, but they're building it as fast as they can

word. some georgia tech guy i know couldn't explain, but this seems to identify the key issue. thanks, and good fusin'

Attached: 1628791289869.jpg (540x572, 112.7K)

btw, what are some of the names of the plasma instabilities particular to fusion reactor design?

I definitely fucked up key details because I'm a programmer, not a plasma physicist, so all I know about plasma is this one youtube tutorial I watched, but thanks anyway
damn I don't know jack shit about those but I guess I'll be learning in a hurry, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_stability#List_of_plasma_instabilities

Putin have chemical detonation inducted fusion tech (ecological friendly thermonuclear bomb)

Putin deez nuts in your mouth

>the reactor does not exist right now, but they're building it as fast as they can
Been hearing that one for decades.

since 1955, in fact, but that's just how it is; either it'll work or it won't. we'll see.