/psg/ - Privacy & Security General

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." - Edward Snowden

>Resources
privacytools.io
privacyguides.org/
ssd.eff.org/
madaidans-insecurities.github.io
anonymousplanet.org/index
techlore.tech/
thenewoil.org/
privacyspy.org/
thinkprivacy.ch/
prism-break.org/en/
sizeof.cat/links
haveibeenpwned.com
ryf.fsf.org/products

>Browser tests
browserleaks.com
privacytests.org/
ipleak.net
d3ward.github.io/toolz/adblock.html

>Advanced content blocking
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode

>Privacy oriented DNS
nextdns.io
quad9.net
adguard.com/en/adguard-dns/overview.html

>Recommended browsers
Chromium based: Brave, Bromite, ungoogled-chromium
Firefox based: Firefox (w/user.js), IceCat, LibreWolf, Tor Browser

torproject.org/download
chromium.woolyss.com
ffprofile.com
pastebin.com/eQUZTzYC

>Recommended search engines
Brave Search, DuckDuckGo, Searx, Startpage

>Privacy oriented email
CTemplar, Disroot, mailbox.org, ProtonMail, StartMail, Tutanota
Cock.li, RiseUp (invite only)

>YouTube front end
redirect.invidious.io
newpipe.net
freetubeapp.io
github.com/TeamPiped/Piped

>Beginner-friendly distros
Linux Mint, K/L/Xubuntu, Fedora, Manjaro

>Privacy focused distros
Whonix, Tails, Qubes OS

>Recommended mobile operating systems
Android based: GrapheneOS, CalyxOS, LineageOS
Linux based: PureOS, postmarketOS

>Proprietary firmware replacement
coreboot.org/
libreboot.org/

>Advanced Linux resources
madaidans-insecurities.github.io/guides/linux-hardening.html
eldritchdata.neocities.org
vez.mrsk.me/linux-hardening.html

Attached: 1640410197536.jpg (1280x854, 69.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grapheneos.org/usage#sandboxed-google-play
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for fuck jannies

autistic tranny general

Snowden is a limited hand out. If he were legit they would be raping him in a dungeon somewhere instead of letting him attention whore on the JRE. That said, he's not wrong.

I've given up. All technology that doesn't have the end goal of providing me with a robowaifu is botnet. Even half the robowaifu research is botnet. I'm planning on becoming anhero by ATF agent, leaving this planet at a 45 degree angle, and building an anime girl paradise in the sky. Join me. We can re-group there, build our magical girl forces, and return someday to save the normalfags.

Just remember. Don't go into the light. It's a trap. Look for the entrance to the anime world. There is a kawaii sign out front and a shrine maiden at the gates.

Attached: 73875216_p22.jpg (808x727, 845.09K)

My pixel 6 pro arrived today.

Graphene or Calyx

Attached: 1643055956397.jpg (1027x1273, 292.19K)

and now I will tear apart your shitty OP/brave advertisement.

>Browsers
Brave is just chrome with added botnet. All chrome forks are botnet. The only "safe" browser is Firefox with hours of autistic hardening. You should run it in a VM or chroot totally separate from the rest of your system. There really isn't a way to be 100% safe when using the web. Even with hardening you'll just end up breaking 99% of the normalfag web and having to allow their javascript through because most websites are totally broken without it now.
>tor network / browser
Glow nigger run botnet. You are not safe using it. Encryption is broken in a world where every CPU comes with a back door from the factory. Your RNGs aren't really random.

>Privacy DNS
The only DNS you can trust is the one you're running yourself. Any 3rd party DNS is compromised by default

>Search engines
Searx on your own box is the only one you can trust. It will pull results from botnet engines but at least you're putting something between them and yourself. All others are just google front ends or will mostly return results in Russian. DDG is owned by kikes.

>Email
Self-host or bust. Do not use shit like cock.li for anything important.

>Youtube
It's shit and all your 3rd party scripts will break constantly. Just use ytdl and pipe it to mpv or something if you really need it.

>Distros
If it has systemd you shouldn't trust it. The only thing you can really trust is a distro you built yourself from source. Even Gentoo has been subverted by FAGMAN now.

>Firmware
Compromised from factory. Coreboot/libreboot doesn't make a difference when your CPU has an entire OS running in ring -1 above everything else.

Face it. We lost. The only way forward now is building new free open source hardware produced by people we can trust. Even then it'd be impossible to verify if it was really built to spec. All old hardware has multiple bugs and exploits that are no disclosed by the security researchers.

Attached: 1469332867903.gif (838x650, 216.4K)

Ever since GrapheneOS started implementing the compatibility layer for Google Play Services there's no reason to recommend anything else.
They even ship their own camera app way better than the one shipped with CalyxOS.

You didn't tear apart anything, glowie.
You only made yourself look like a fool by spreading unsubstantiated FUD.

As I said. The only way forward is violence. We have to topple the powers that be and make news laws dealing with technology to ensure this situation never happens again. It's good vs. evil and evil is winning because good people do nothing.

This is why I advocate for escaping the reincarnation cycle and false Gods. We need to build our own space in the heavens. We need to train with each other and obtain spiritual power through worship. This is why we need to become cute anime girls in the after life. Weebs will worship us and feed us spiritual power. In time we will become very strong. We'll become an unstoppable force of magical anime girls. Then we can get our weebs admirers to summon us back to this realm on have dinner with your waifu day. On that day we'll come back and eradicate this world of the evil forces like glow niggers and FAGMAN. With them out of the way we can leave our weeb fans a new set of commandments to live by. This will bring in thousands of years or peace, prosperity, and freedom.

Join me in the afterlife bros. Do not follow false Gods. Worship anime girls instead. It's the only hope we have left.

Attached: 1486204935369.jpg (500x374, 149.14K)

>calls me glowie
>says I'm posting FUD
>can't refute anything I said though
Same shit I've seen over the last 20 years. You know I speak the truth so you'll just resort to attacking the messenger.

Tell me more about how you're running secure software on a CPU with no real RNG and a NSA backdoor built in. Tell me more about how you're hiding data on a network controlled and run by the NSA. You can't. It's impossible.

We lost. Deal with it. If you wanted real change you'd advocate for it. You don't want real change. You just want to shill yet another piece of botnet software while pretending it does anything different than what normalfags are using now.

Let me guess. You use signal. Totally secure bro. Just give us your phone number and use our servers. Anyone that tells you about our connections to the 5-eye glow niggers are just glows! Glows! Never forget they're everywhere! Hiding behind every blade of grass bowing to BLM and shooting your dog.

Kill yourself faggot. OP reads like an advertisement for Brave browser. Brave is shit. Anyone with a brain knows it's just Google chrome with added botnet. No one is falling for your false left/right political choice..

Graphene if you are paranoid, want extreme security and are willing to make big compromises (many applications will not work).
CalyxOS if you want security, privacy and very little compromise.

Unless you are Edward Snowden, I recommend CalyxOS.

Holy fuck, take your meds unironically.

This is no longer true. CalyxOS offers less app compatibility than GOS now.

nvm my pixel is OEM locked by carrier

I got cuckarooed boys

kek I still can't believe there are countries that allow this.

>meds!
Still not argument. Still nothing but attacking the messenger. If you really cared about educating people you'd post the NSA leaks, the Snowden leaks, and all the shit we've learned from cons over the last two decades. Do you do any of that? No! You just shill botnet applications and attack anyone that actually posts real information.

Look at you. You can't even refute one claim I've made. If I were really crazy this would be easy. But you can't do it. You know I'm right. So you just hope to mislead clueless newfags instead.

Why should anyone use Brave? Tell me why. I really want to know what a retard like you thinks he's getting out of it. Let's look at all the reasons why it's shit
>Based on Google Chrome, bloated code base no one can even audit

I don't even need to list all the other problems like the fact that it comes with baked in tracking and ads. That alone should be enough. The only people using this shit fell for the right/left red/blue political D&C meme. Let me guess. You don't use Firefox because it's
>trannys
>kicked out le based javashit inventor
Right? There are many reasons to hate on Firefox. I bet you can't even name any of them. The code is there for anyone to read why don't you go troll through it and find something of value to bitch about?

Stop promoting this bullshit to newfags. Newfags need to know how bad things really are. You aren't securing shit on a CPU running Intel ME, AMD PSP, or a cell phone with a baseband chip. It's impossible. It's like paling water out of a sinking boat and ignoring the fucking holes being drilled in the bottom of it by the fag sitting 2 feet away from you.

You want real change? You want real privacy? Then start punishing the people that are causing these problems IRL. You won't even get off your ass and confront them. You're just going to shit in your basement for the next 50 years doing nothing.

Stupid faggot.

lmao I didn't even read that shit but here's a (You)

Really? Why is that? Are there any advantages left in CalyxOS?

>lol I'm just trolling fooled you!
Oh look he got me good guys. Guess I was wrong all along. Thanks for admitting you're too stupid to read I guess.

Let me tell you what this user wants. He's hoping his Brave crypto memecoin will moon any day now. His only goal was always shilling some shitty botnet browser.

Good job faggot. You've contributed more shit to the world. You might as well just move to India and go live with the pajeets. That's the level of contribution you've made to the human race. You're just another retard shitting on the street then complaining about the smell.

What's next? Going to call me an incel and claim I'm mad because I know how to type faster than 10 WPM? I'm to the point where I agree with the richfags. Most of you fags deserve to get purged. You contribute nothing to society.

>listening to this fed
>mfw

Attached: h.jpg (830x623, 70.76K)

>Really? Why is that?
grapheneos.org/usage#sandboxed-google-play
>Are there any advantages left in CalyxOS?
Well, I guess that totally depends on your use case. It comes with a bunch of useful apps and F-droid services preinstalled and promotes encrypted calls through Signal/WhatsApp over regular LTE, but some people might not like that.
I guess in the end Calyx is very opinionated in contrast to Graphene that it has a more DIY approach.
I'd say the advantage Calyx has over GOS is the amount of devices supported. They are even planning to support even more in the coming years, whereas Graphene will only support the latest Pixels.