Be grader for systems programming courses at my uni

>be grader for systems programming courses at my uni
>students instructed to use linux and gnu toolchain
>first week
>one of the criteria on the rubric is that if it doesn't compile they get a zero
>over half of the programs don't compile or don't work
>professor had told me students wouldn't know who the grader was
>start getting dozens of fucking emails from students asking why they got low grades and complaining and bitching
>many of them complain that it works on their machine™
>decide to investigate
>discover that many of them are just using visual studio and the compatibility issues fucked up a significant amount of the submissions
>also discover a group of them with identical code
>contact boss
>he says to just fix the compat issues on my end and he'll discuss it with them in class
>have to regrade like a third of the fucking assignments
>pic related

Attached: 1621253162603.png (576x923, 676.38K)

OP, are you really that lazy? Surely you could write a bash script to do this in an hour.

Attached: sweat_drop.jpg (200x237, 15K)

>>pic related
You attached a pic of a kid holding a toy gun to its head.

How is it technology?

That's him.

>>Why did I fail?
>Because your shit didn't meet requirements

There, was that so hard?

I had to grade their "code quality", (comments, style, variable naming, etc.), so I couldn't just do automated testing. There was also a q/a portion of the assignment

how to avoid this

Was a teaching assistant and grader for a programming course once. Lol you can bet your ass I didn't accept that position again next period and for all the other courses that came begging for people

>pay absurd amount for education
>told to write some code to demonstrate that you've learned the material
>write correct code that compiles correctly with a commonly used compiler correctly implementing the language
>retarded grader tries to give you a zero and fuck you over because some freetard bullshit compiler written by some fat neckbeard 50 years ago is broken even though you submitted correct code that clearly demonstrates that you learned the material
Kill yourself

>didn't read the requirements
That shit won't fly in the real world, why do you think they should get away with it in learning?

That’s what you get for being a cuck

I didn't just give them zeros, I contacted the prof about it. Learn 2 read

>>professor had told me students wouldn't know who the grader was
>>start getting dozens of fucking emails from students asking why they got low grades and complaining and bitching
find the snitch

>That shit won't fly in the real world
this is shit that retard professors and graders say.
in the 'real world' you wouldn't submit your fucking source code file to some retard fake teacher for the to try to compile on your boomer box
in the 'real world' you wouldn't get ONE FUCKING TRY to have SOMEONE ELSE build your code.

devops was literally invented to solve this problem
this post just shows how retarded the university system is

like how the fuck can any of those stupid nigger students ever know what YOUR build environment is?

i don't know if you are OP or not and I don't care

>That shit won't fly in the real world
You've obviously never been in the real world before, because nobody ever reads the requirements (if there are even formal requirements at all) and they are never followed. Mostly exactly because the requirements are retarded.

highly rated post

>like how the fuck can any of those stupid nigger students ever know what YOUR build environment is?
>>students instructed to use linux and gnu toolchain

Attached: images.jpg (700x438, 27.67K)

This is why my university gave us ssh access to the lab computers (all Linux and all identical software, with user profiles on an NFS share) and told us that while they didn't care what we used to write or compile our programs, they needed to work when compiled on those systems. They suggested we use emacs or vim, and showed us how to install gcc on Windows as well as how to ssh in. Some of us did our work in the lab, some wrote programs entirely in vim or emacs through ssh, others used an IDE and local compiler and then uploaded to do final testing on the lab computers.
The few whose programs didn't work got a bad grade on the assignment, and some profs let us resubmit (with a grade penalty) if it was a fairly trivial problem.

>like how the fuck can any of those stupid nigger students ever know what YOUR build environment is?
They got told it first day, learn to read mate

I'm in the real world and it's pain. I wish my requirements were as clear as what was listed in the OP, my life would be a fucking breeze

This is a good anwser

>implement programming assignment to the letter, tested repeatedly
>get an 80% and a copypasted reiteration of the assignment from the shithead TA
>implement digital logic assignment to the letter, tested repeatedly
>get an 80% and a copypasted reiteration of the assignment from the shithead TA
Death to all TAs

Nojob detected

You wanna know what being a TA is like?
>get stuff to grade
>take it home
>have it sit on coffee table (physically or metaphorically) for 3-5 days
>realize probably should do it
>complete all of it in 3-5 hours
>bill 10

>3-5 days
thats a funny way of spelling 2 weeks

OP you did nothing wrong. if the assignment specified to use compiler A and they used compiler B, they got a 0. sounds like the professor doesn't really care, find an excuse to switch courses if you can

Come one clown.
Students might not know how to pass a test but they sure know how to figure out who graded it.
This is on you. And yeah plagiarism is of course nothing but a joke at this level. You know all this. Why are you mad? Welcome to """""""academia"""""" wagie