Jobs Thread

>current job
>what's good with it
>what's bad with it

>mechanical robot engineer
>work with robots
>only work on hardware

I can't seem to find a job that utilizes every skill I'd like to. If I go SW, I end up only doing SW, no HW. Now I'm HW and there's no room for SW. Anyone else in this boat?

Attached: jet.png (686x457, 602.06K)

>only work on hardware
my fucking dream job
t. EE

>t. Raging faggot

that too
what kind of fucking masochist WANTS to write code instead of working with hardware? what's wrong with you?

Then go for it man, hardware is fun

I troubleshoot Outlook problems all day I hate my life

>gloryhole engineer
>suck a lot of cocks like OP
>not enough cocks to suck, honest but hard work

>current job
"red team software" dev
>what's good with it
work my own hours, work by myself, projects are usually interesting, can avoid a lot of taxes because most customers pay in crypto.
>what's bad with it
have to have good self discipline, can't just slack off when I get burnout, have to be careful about managing money because some month's sales aren't good, advertising is a pain, accounting is a pain, I stress myself out way too much, end up making less money than working a regular dev job because of the number of hours, work never really ends, etc, etc, etc.

I could keep going on but there's a lot of unforeseen inconveniences and roadblocks with running your own business. However, the money is pretty decent especially considering I don't have a degree and it certainly beats working some dead end retail/service job. I finally broke one of my goals of bringing in 10k net revenue in a month. Overall I don't regret it.

Attached: mikupipe.jpg (585x575, 66.43K)

Average income?

What does a red team developer do exactly ? Sorry for the dumb question but trying to break into the security field myself and am only a beginner. Got my EE degree and realize I hate it. Any tips much appreciated.

Attached: 4A1D8FA2-BE9D-4FC6-97C2-5C07D4620664.jpg (574x534, 26.12K)

>overnight merchandiser at Lowes
>easy work, no having to deal with customers
>when there's nothing to do you still have to pretend like you're doing aomething. Also I hate never seeing the sun

I'd say this job makes me want to kill myself but I've wanted to kill myself for a long time

q4 of last year averaged 5k a month after business expenses, of which are relatively low anyways because I'm a one man shop and don't have much overhead.
>What does a red team developer do exactly ?
I make tools and maintain a few services for red teams to use. I don't really know for sure if they're used for ethical reasons, but that's not my concern desu.
>Any tips much appreciated.
Sorry, but I don't really have any advice. This was just sort of a natural progression from making game cheats as a teenager. I've never really done any of the cert stuff or been employed as a pentester.

Attached: lab.jpg (1200x675, 409.6K)

>pool cleaner
>solitary work, 98% of my time is spent alone. expensive bottles of wines at christmas from rich people.
>it's fucking pool cleaning

I have a BSc in Math and do ML/DL on kaggle in my spare time. Too much of a sperg and have severe test anxiety, so never get passed interviews for real tech jobs.

>Sorry, but I don't really have any advice. This was just sort of a natural progression from making game cheats as a teenager. I've never really done any of the cert stuff or been employed as a pentester.
very interesting user, good for you. I work as a pentester right now, but selling your own tools is a cool idea.

>systems engineer for defence company
>pay is alright, I guess
>work a lot of extra hours. No passion for this industry.

I've got mad imposter syndrome at this new company. Can't shake it, I feel like I'm gonna get fired or reprimanded any minute

Attached: images - 2021-11-22T193139.219.jpg (500x614, 53.28K)

Airplane firmware engineer

It's a really good job for being just out of college. All my coworkers are incredibly competent and nice people to be around. I'm doing work developing a real product, rather than for some nonsense internet company that contributes nothing to society.

Unfortunately I don't get to program very much. A lot of it is paperwork, creating documents for the FAA, hardware troubleshooting with an oscilloscope and circuit diagrams, messing with cpu configuration registers, designing test cases, etc. Most of this is uncharted territory for me. All my classmates from college got all jobs as web developers.

I'm pretty happy at this job, but I think when it's time to move on there are two avenues that I'm considering. I could either go into finance, which is to say high frequency trading, or I could go back for my doctorate in deep learning. Or one and then the other. Either way, I want to be debt free first.

Attached: 1641561484769.png (512x512, 137.86K)

has reminded me. We also design, verify, and sell components to arms dealers. I'm very not comfortable than that. Soon I'll be working on the hardware-software interface for a hypersonic fuel pump for a missile. I'm not comfortable with this, but not uncomfortable enough to quit.

>current job
Full time NEET
>what’s good with it
Lots of free time
>what’s bad with it
Doesn’t pay the best

Thanks user. I kind of ended up in this position by chance and just kept running with it. For the pay and hours it's far from ideal, but income is slowly and steadily increasing over time. I'm gonna make it eventually bros.

>Professional LARPer - simulate training scenarios for US military.
>paid to sit on my ass and joke around, interesting shit happens though.
>desert is cold as fuck this time of the year, especially in the early morning.

>software developer
>great boss, great WLB, low stress, fully remote, company sponsored trips where the whole company gets drunk and parties all weekend with no expense spared
>going to have to leave soon because I'm getting offers for twice as much as I'm making now. Also the work gets a little boring sometimes.

if I was making a little closer to what I'm worth in the market right now I'd stay as long as they'd let me. I've only been here a year but I've made unforgettable memories, our company trips are so fucking fun

>physicist
>get paid to play with cool shit, job is always interesting
>stressful, job security isn't too much of a thing, get paid fairly well but not as much as you'd hope given 9 years from 1st year to phd completion

jerb
>mech eng

whats gud
>can use a mill and a lathe whenever I want, use my choice of cad software. some opportunity for programming too. Literally offered to do software training that I declined a week ago.

the bad is
I don't enjoy mechanical engineering anymore. They pay is crap because the field isn't utilized/ appreciated anymore, the managers are always chodes trying to make their house payments, and the work is too fast paced. I just want to be happy and loved. Literally just want to burn out and become a full time artist/landlord or something. I'd probably make more money. Totally a regret going to college some days.

I'm finishing HS this year an learning web dev now, is computer science college a good deal or should i just get certs like Comptia. 3rd world btw

im in hell
I dont have to worry about parking
im in hell

Is a job is DevOps shit or just chuds here are seething like they always?
>Inb4 depends on work culture of company