Using IRC to download books

>using IRC to download books
>accidentally type the command wrongly
>someone notices and type "LOL"
>find out that anyone can whois and doxx me
>deinstall the client

Attached: anime-girl.gif (468x498, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

maxmind.com/en/locate-my-ip-address
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dumb criminal

>using IRC to download books
but why? there is libgen

Le dumbcord bad. Let's use IRC and get ourselves doxxed. Fucking gtards man.

nakadashi

The only info they get is your PUBLIC ip, the ip that everybody you connect to already knows

LMAO THIS NIGGA USING /#BOOKZ

NOT 2007 ANYMORE FAGGIT

As opposed to what, your host IP?

IRC (HEXCHAT) NEED DCC TROUGH TOR PATCH

Why are you so scared of somebody getting your IP address? What are they going to do? Get on a plane and fly 5 gajillion miles to your house? Send you some pizza? Hire a bitcoin assassin to run you down with their mobility scooter? You don't worry about your IP address when you are using a web browser, why IRC?

A web browser only gives your ip to the host of the web server. IRC gives it to everyone who is connected to see.

It's not like they can can even do this. Ip isn't like a home address or a phone number.

>Hire a bitcoin assassin to run you down with their mobility scooter?
have you seen the size of some of the people on those scooters? this is scary shit man.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (432x768, 319.63K)

You still have a risk factor, you don't know the server admin and their intentions. How do you know that whoever is running the server isn't just posting a visitors list with visitors IP addresses somewhere. On Any Forums I know that every Jannie gets access to every posters IP address, how do you know that they won't abuse this information?

>On Any Forums I know that every Jannie gets access to every posters IP address, how do you know that they won't abuse this information?

This is bullshit, only mods can see IP addresses.

what, bookwarez is still here? cool, i remember spending a lot of time there before libgen became a thing.

Scroll down on google search results without a VPN

You must've connected to some old-ass shit server if it still reveals IPs. Most decent servers have vHosts enabled, so there's nothing to worry about.

Just use a VPN as you always should with piracy

I think some ISPs will publish your address to geo DBs? You can go to a website like maxmind.com/en/locate-my-ip-address and it'll either be scarily accurate or just the nearest city center. Also if you have an Android phone it will associate your IP and WLAN SSID with the current GPS coords and send it back to them. Don't know if Google sells that data but they have it. Apple probably does the same.

Oh no user! You got really lucky! Those underage scrip kiddies and 40 year old weebs would have hacked you! You should used Discord instead. That way you're only giving your IP and the contents of your entire hard drive to a trusted FAGMAN company. I am sure they won't track you and listen to your microphone while you fap!

>>find out that anyone can whois and doxx me
kys zoomer

>it'll either be scarily accurate or just the nearest city center
I wonder if this meme will ever die. My IPv4 is off by 300+ km, my IPv6 doesn't even point to the correct region. 20 years ago geo lookup was scarily accurate nowadays I'd barely even trust it to nail down the country.