Why aren't you using GNU Guix right fucking now?

Why aren't you using GNU Guix right fucking now?

Attached: Guix_logo.svg.png (273x248, 11.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/joint-statement-on-the-gnu-project/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lisp

i would but I don't wanna worry about finding the packages i need. The aur is just too convenient. I do love lisp though so I'm tempted...

because im not a sperg, same goes with void and nix

guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/joint-statement-on-the-gnu-project/

They threw stallman under the bus during the first and second attempted cancellation.

Because configuring everything in Lisp is retarded.

I am, actually. Switched recently from Void and successfully replicated my setup.
One thing I really like is first-class support for user Shepherd with guix home; most of my daemons are ran as my user so it’s great instead of having to rely on hacks. Also, defining services with Shepherd is pure kino.

how the fuck is this pronounced anyway?

Is it easier to use than Trisquel? I want a distro that doesn't require hours of frequent configuration so I can spend that time getting my actual work done.

how's the disk usage on this or nixos?
can you make it work with a ~25GiB /?

idk
geeks?
gooicks?

geeks
from my experience once you configure it you can work with it for some time but learning the language may take some time depending on the complexity of your setup
you could, with semi-frequent guix gc
my / currently takes 12G with about 15 generations, but I have /home on a separate partition

its ran by a bunv of TRAITORS!!!

Bc I have a job and an irl gf

Yeah, I also hate those faggots who tried to defame RMS and are still trying to destroy the GNU Project, but we can't let them win this war. Strategically, the best solution to this is to become involved in greater numbers, and eventually push them out.
We need to protect the GNU Project from the SJW menace before it's too late.

Attached: rms email about guix.png (1206x861, 123.31K)

I am

Attached: 1636019508128.jpg (1024x724, 485.51K)

NixOS

your flamewars are irrelevant.

linux is not your secret computer club.

but guix uses linux-libre, not linux?

sir, the lisp thread is