Blender & linux

Posting this on Any Forums because /3/ is slow and kinda trash
I'm curious what Any Forums thinks about blender
>FOSS
>completely independent
>works flawlessly with Linux
It's getting crazy good with all the things blender can accomplish. The only downside may be large scenes (fixable by using a different renderer like rendering vs cycles) and the video editor isn't as intuitive as the rest of the software
Honestly it's the only FOSS project that makes me excited for new developments
Thoughts?

Attached: splash_300-768x384.jpg (768x384, 49.31K)

It's one of the few creative software gems in FOSS, I just wish more people would take it seriously.

great

absolute gem right next to krita and handbrake & ffmpeg

people do take it seriously too

As an artist, I'm annoyed with krita. It's an amazing piece of software. It's brush creation engines are superb, genuinely enjoy making new brushes for it. But there is zero community. And no one takes it seriously. It's stabilizers are shit. And although making brushes in krita is fun. You have to select a pre-made brush, using the brush engine you want, then save as new. Instead of selecting the engine then making the brush. It has weird kde design philosophy... it insists on being both animation and painting software. When blender just kicks its ass.
Yet at the same time it has the most intuitive keyboards for sketches and painting

Attached: 1643583797725m.jpg (799x1024, 123.67K)

good thing about mixed-gender armies is that both genders of locals get laid/raped
russian invasion when?

Russian girls are ugly and the russian army is like 5 times weaker than the US.

>Russian girls are ugly and the russian army is like 5 times weaker than the US.
this changes nothing

All this because I mad my image a female soldier :/

Put in tickets for the changes you want to see. Easy as

I use blender and unreal every day and I fucking love it.

Blender is great and it's new UI BTFOs every other 3D program

Attached: Toy Chica.jpg (1574x856, 226.13K)

I love how is being "Industry standard" even if i hate that fucking sentence. I hope they make their sculpture mode a little bit better and a better uv maping, instead of the grease pencil, because we have opentoonz for 2D animation and it's good already.
I'm also "hyped" (I never use that word to be honest) for Godot 4 and Krita 5. It's been 2 years since I switched to Linux and those software (with GIMP, Natron and Inkscape) have made my work less heavy.

new FNAF incoming?

Blender is one of the few FOSS success stories

> russian army is like 5 times weaker than the US
* once had been. We were beaten by Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Korea (USSR support) and Viet Nam (USSR support). Putin has been building his army for 2 decades now, he's fought for his country (in Chechnya), has winning wars on his side, and has a mole in the NATO (Hungary).

Inside Job was right, WW3 is here, and America will be the bad guys.

How to WW3:
> Make the CIA depose the Greens in the German Government, and buff up AfD, and european federalists. We need a nuclear-powered, nuclear armed federalist Germany.
> If that fails, make the French take over the EU. They already have a nuclear triad, and they are nuclear powered.
> Inflate gas prices until north-american shale is enough to wean off the US economy from oil. Stop buying Middle East and Russian oil.
> Build up the industry in the US and Western countries. Reduce domestic consumption. Pull out of China
> Antitrust action against FAGMAN
> Make the EU build up a separate joint army yesterday
> Make the allies build their own armies
> Support Ukraine, and make it a proxy war with the USSR
> In stead of the Space Force, separate the Cyber Force from the USAF. Buff it up, we desperately need serious cyber capabilities.
> Pray to God Putin sees reason behind not wanting even a limited nuclear exchange, and that we have the reason not to launch a full strike if he uses tac nukes in Ukraine
> Missile defenses and medium-range launch sites along the line of the Iron Curtain.

us military won all those wars.
the politicians lost it.
no its more like the invading men rape both their own soldiers as well as locals, and some of the defending army's men might be able to score a few female hostages to rape and/or ransom in turn.

Krita and Godot are also in the based creative FOSS timeline. We only need a good video editor.

> It has weird kde design philosophy... it insists on being both animation and painting software.
It quite honestly should. Animation software should be painting software, import-export eats shit load of time. Especially on cinematics and story boarding. Like fucking, oh you made a storyboard for a schene in a couple of hours on a sheet of paper? Now go and waste about five hours scaning and fucking about with camera and shit.

There have been some smaller, low-budget movies made with Blender. All it really takes is one big movie to use it. It's unlikely as things are though, because expensive, closed-source software is objectively better for studios, so long as they can afford it

>post coombait
>noo why am i getting dumb coomer posts
retard

>fixable by using a different renderer like rendering vs cycles
lol no. that's not going to fix the abysmal viewport performance.

i think a lot of fever pitched hype that built up around the launch of 2.8 is starting to die down now.

it's still a neat program and i plan to make it my secondary DCC because it fills in houdini's gaps quite well.