Anyone actually gone through this book? It's like 1100 pages and incredibly dense, I get through maybe 10 a day...

Anyone actually gone through this book? It's like 1100 pages and incredibly dense, I get through maybe 10 a day. I'm thinking most schools that use it probably just pick-and-choose chapters to cover...I'm learning a lot though, I feel like this really separates the engineers from the heckin' c0ders.

systems programming thread btw

Attached: csapp3e-cover.jpg (504x648, 58.34K)

>>systems programming
It's all done by ancient boomers
There's no chance of anyone under 45 being able to get into it

lol

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-02-02 14-33-58.png (578x159, 58.67K)

That's more because younger developers aren't interested in it. Every millennial wanted to make a phone app and now every zoomer wants to get into crypto/ML/AI while studying front-end webshit for some reason.

>second year undergrad cs course
Should be easy for you user

>every zoomer wants to get into crypto/ML/AI while studying front-end webshit
They are retarded.

how tf you read that book in 10 days? you must have high IQ user.

books are a scam, you don't need any of them to know things about ocmputers

there's not a big difficulty gap between 2nd and 4th year CS courses

He said he get though the book about 10 pages a day not read everything in 10 days

Boomer-tier take. The truth is that "systems programming" is basically a dead concept in a world where systems are ephemeral and containerized-- you don't have One Big Mainframe anymore.

Ok true, I was thinking about this the other day. First-year CS is usually what, intro and then data structures, plus calculus and maybe discrete math?
Every one of those is already harder than most senior year liberal arts courses, even Intro depending on what school you're at. Anyone who's not cut out for it drops in the first or second semester, but then it's a pretty high survival rate going forward.
Physics and pure math majors get boned in junior/senior years, though.

>schools that use it probably just pick-and-choose chapters to cover...
holy fuck, you mean like with every other textbook?
oh no, is it real? why did our proffesor betray us and not cover all of dummit&foote in our algebra class? the heckin nerve!
wait hold on a minute, you mean to tell me undergrad courses aren't meant to thoroughly cover the subject?

why so confrontational user

His mother was a book

get a job

what this pajeet said and because what a fucking retarded revelation that classes don't cover everything from their reference textbook(s)
you're supposed to study on your own too, university isn't about holding your hand anymore, just spoonfeeding you

jesus christ are you 85

750 pounds to cover a decent-ish cs undergrad programme is a pretty good deal, especially when you burgers actually get in debt to cover much less material

Tell me you are retarded without telling me you are a retard

>university isn't about holding your hand anymore

oh sweet summer child, not only is that exactly what university is for, there's a good reason why Biomedical Masters degree holders have the highest vaccination rates, while Biomedical PhD holders have the lowest vaccination rates.

I hate this zoomer meme, keep it to discord and reddit please

read again and know the difference between spoonfeeding and handholding
>vaxx schizo rant
cool, who gives a fuck