Posted from muh phone

Attached: Screenshot_20220202-133538.png (1520x720, 891.41K)

Great, now rice it up and port all your favorite programs to termux. I wonder if one could use termux instead of a real distro…

You can install a normal distro inside termux and use proot, which is kinda like fake chroot. You can also use real chroot if your phone is rooted.

but you can't stop android's display server and replace it with X

thats comfy user
mouse moves with fingertouch or u need new drivers for screen?

i'm using avnc which lets me use a single tap on the touch screen to interact with the desktop, makes everything more fluid

How is the software rendering doing for ya?

indeed

If you need to do something more computationally intensive, just crunch it on a cloud vm and download it.

Attached: 145359.png (1800x2784, 591.3K)

it's surprisingly fast, i have a shitty moto g7 power with the native rom installed
desu all i wanted was to use libre software since the android word processor apps suck major ass

You can't use termux and other derivatives for most things by default because of SELinux restrictions. /proc utilities are restricted by the kernel and so don't work. net interfaces and cpu state is restricted.

You can run a vm without the restrictions natively or on a termux session if your phone is fast enough. You'll need to setup a virtual NAT with its own tap interface to network vms and route their traffic through the host.

oh I forgot qemu is even in the repo

I swear, if there would be an easy way of running a simple linux distro on the phone with all drivers working I'd write my own touch interface. It would be great if one could connect a monitor and keyboard to the phone and have pocket-sized workstation. Galaxy S3 had usb to hdmi option. I wasted money on the cable because my custom rom didn't have drivers for it, crashed and bootlooped xd

You actually can old older Android versions with SELinux disable. But running Sparkle with XWayland is a better experience.

posted from my watch

Attached: retroarch_watch.jpg (2560x1440, 936.14K)

what's the os called?

But you can implement X as an android application that takes up the whole screen.

do you mean the DE or the distro?

both

Me asks too

impressive, neofetch please?
I installed the arch linux termux version but i could not install yay, so meh, that was the only reason to do it, what a shame

I can answer the DE, it's XFCE, as for the distro, you can use XFCE on any distro

What are the 'easy' options other than postmarketos?

op here
i basically have an iq of 0, so i downloaded anlinux and avnc from f-droid and just followed the prompts