The e-mail dilemma

I hate the fact that I need to have an e-mail address. It's a shitty protocol, but it works so we have to live with it.
I want to move off of FAGMAN. I looked at the alternative email providers and they all seem shady. Should I self-host? If so, then how do I know the VPS provider is trustworthy? I could also keep a tiny SBC server at home but then there is a risk of down time and the issue of a dynamic IP. Also wouldn't all my emails be marked as spam by FAGMAN.

>t. trying to minimize my internet usage and take ownership of my data

Attached: 1024px-(at).svg.png (1024x1024, 41.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/2017/11/creating-autonomous-system-for-fun-and.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>host? If so, then how do I know the VPS provider is trustworthy?
you can’t really but they are probably better than normal email services

what's the use case for personal email nowadays anyway?

'''social''' life is on an end-to-end encryped client
work email is usually provided by the company

I only get subscription and authentication shit on my personal e-mail

messaging people etc. usually for stuff that's not so "social". pretty crazy I know but especially people over 18 do that.

>Also wouldn't all my emails be marked as spam by FAGMAN
they would unfortunately

this is why i have some gm*il accounts i only use to register accounts online
my ISP provides an email service so i use this as a personal email

bump

>Should I self-host?
Enjoy being unable to send e-mails to anyone because they'll get automatically filtered as spam.

>trying to minimize my internet usage and take ownership of my data
>I hate the fact that I need to have an e-mail address
Confirmed for fucking retarded. Email is how you escape the nu web botnet cancer.

Holy shit look at him go he's so fucking bright

Attached: 1621606398074.gif (700x394, 512.82K)

>2022
>email

dont you fags have phones

Just use disroot, faggot.

i run an email service with dozens of domains but i dont want it to get a bad rep so im not gonna post it lmao

>alternative email providers
here isnt, all email/DNS system is fucked and paywalled

phones are mobile NSA data collection devices. I wouldn’t have one if I didn’t need it for my job

Would it be possible for me to become my own ISP, Registrar, and server provider as a broke student?
I would have to get an Autonomous System Number from a regional IANA registry, get accredited as a registrar by ICANN, etc.
How much could that cost?

>as a broke student

Attached: 1630347394248.png (320x319, 158.1K)

no, you need several hundred usd for that and contacts in the industry, not feasible for a “broke student”. plus it wouldn’t protect you from surveillance anyways
see this interesting post for reference
blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/2017/11/creating-autonomous-system-for-fun-and.html

>creating-autonomous-system-for-fun-and.html
I think it would be easier and cheaper to start my own country and run undersea cables to North Korea and Iran and have them loan me some bandwidth.

posteo, mailbox.org, fastmail, tutanota, etc

The spam problem is a problem because the sorts of people who will mail you are the same sorts of people who wont be able to check a spam filter, either because they're 70+ or because there's an IT department for that and they aren't authorised. However its perfectly fine to make a managed mail reverse uno proxy, where you make gmail accounts and have them forward all incoming mail to your self-hosted, as well as set your self-hosted webmail up to send outgoing through gmail. You can set up your selfhosted imap/snmp to whitelist the gmail addresses and block everything else, but its recommended if you dont want to be playing wack-a-mole with chinese/russian spammers, let google take care of it. but make sure to run it all on openbsd with good iptables

im reject sell my freedom for solving spam problem