I copied my neighbor's SSID and MAC and made a clone of his router. Will this cause him trouble?

I copied my neighbor's SSID and MAC and made a clone of his router. Will this cause him trouble?

Attached: scary-mugshots-1.jpg (612x612, 44.19K)

you shouldve cloned his dvd player's mac to get access to his wifi

his fault for not securing his wifi

I called cyber police and they backtraced you.

fuck yea buddy I hope they grab me by the hair of the head and fuck my mouth like a pussy

A few years ago some dude started sending threatening messages to the police in my city. They found out who it was and decided to make an example out of him. The gathered the swat team and called the local news station to film the raid at his house. The swat team busted down the door and threw a handful of flash-bangs into the house. It turned out that the house they busted into was just some old woman and her daughter, the dude that was threatening the police posted after stealing the old woman's wifi.

that's cool as fuck

Well that old coot probably had the time of her life getting banged by those SWAT dudes

I just tried it with my own router and it was pure chaos.All my laptops started connecting and disconnecting eratically jumping between the real and fake router and none of them could access the internet. Interdasting.

I've always wondered:
If you use someone's SSID and he tries to log into your router, can you intercept his password in plaintext?

I assume not but how does the WiFi protocol protect against this?

>the house they busted into was just some old woman and her daughter
Ah yes taxpayer money hard at work. Hey guys why does no one have any respect for the police anymore btw?

Attached: 1640571091341.jpg (413x395, 37.74K)

>can you intercept his password in plaintext
If I remember correctly, the password is never sent over the air, and the encryption keys are calculated from the passwords stored locally at both the router and the computer nigga.

I'm suprised they didn't shoot everyone in the house.

Yeah the taxpayers had to pay for the settlement, nothing happened to the cops.

Yeah, that makes sense

That's sort of an attack vector in itself. Send a deauth packet, log traffic of devices trying to reconnect and "crack" the password out of the encryption bullshit you captured with hashcat.

Their fault for not securing their wifi

what's the point if your public ip address is unique to you?

H A C K E R M A N

OP probably wants to jam his neighbor's wifi. It would work if OP's signal is at least equally as powerful as the signal from the neighbor's router.

>hashcaf
My r7 240 wont do.

Yeah if somebody breaks into your house and murders you. Its your fault not theirs because you should have secured your house better. Duh!

yes

imagine broadcasting your SSID

ou how did do it user?

Yes

Attached: 1633763014773.jpg (602x666, 102K)