Tick tock

tick tock

what you thought you were safe because you didn't drive a truck?

Attached: 1620775142167.jpg (1537x1113, 167.34K)

>average
I'll be OK, user, I'm below average

My company "The AI of the Future" has AI that can write code better than average human programmer
-Andrew "Please believe me" Dobson , CEO of "Future of AI"

same

Attached: C3GMNEkWYAAdpXc.png (640x906, 714.49K)

And by "AI" we mean warehouses of thirdworlders working remotely. They're only TRAINING the AI, we swear!

Attached: 1621077383247.png (1068x684, 1.13M)

I'm good, I'm not a front-end developer. Those tools ultimately only affect the very bottom of the barrel, the fields needing actual engineering will still exist.

I tried it, it takes common code snippets from github and generates boilerplate code for you. Problem with this is that a human still needs to know exactly what and how all these lines of code do to configure them to their problem set.

AI programming will replace code generators but not humans.

Everyone’s been saying this for decades yet our total comp keeps rocketing. Even mediocre devs can coast on $200k TC while your average gender studies teletubby barely cracks minimum wage as a Sandwich Artesian

The technology keeps getting better. You guys keep finding new ways to cope. Sooner or later, the jobs will be replaced and no real jobs will want to hire a bunch of unhealthy, frail weirdos

/thread
Cope while you still can, it won't be long.

Only programmers are dumb enough to actively work on technologies that would make them lose their jobs.

>the average human programmer
they mean the average pajeet, aka glorified config file editor

The people building these things don’t really do programming the way the average wage slave does. They’re researchers, so they’re paid for their ideas and not their engineering efforts. They automated some of programming, but they haven’t automated knowing what should be programmed. Their jobs are safe.

They cannot fully solve programming in AI without creating an entire general human-level AI. The biggest problem is not the the how, it's the what and why, and the answer to that requires understanding of a project as a whole and all the intertwined subjective aspects.

You are right that tech keeps getting better and that they might get there eventually. But at that point, the job of a programmer is the least of his worries because society will be so transformed that human jobs are irrelevant anyway.

I'm safe because humans will have to give them clear instructions to get good output, which never happens in real life, requirements are almost always not clear and changing

This will actually make my job easier while I keep making the same

>Top 54%
So below average? Kek this fuckint advertising is so retarded it's hilarious.
Here's the harsh truth for all those "alphaxyz will doom us"-fags:

Programming has no limitations. It has no defined set of rules, aside from the constraints of the programming language itself. Programming problems can be of varying complexity, and the most difficult ones include "thinking out of the box"- something alphashit literally wasn't made for, because they ARE the box. You can't extrapolate from old games like in fucking chess or go. This isn't a game. Unless AI genuinely solves the generality problem, shit like this will be only good for generating boilerplate.

Cope thread? Cope thread.

>says

the average of persons is mostly asian and african

same fag, bait thread.

Even $200k jobs are asking leetcode hards. Just interviewed with capital one the other month and they're paying like 180k total comp and expect you to solve two leetcode hards, one per coding section