Audio gear & settings

I need an audio setup that doesn't sound terrible. My condenser mic catches every sound from any direction and it catches it horribly, lags all over the place. I tested it with various objects like tapping things on the table and it's so bad it only catches specific sounds from the objects, exaggerates them and completely removes other secondary sounds.. Rubbing two coins together sounds like rubbing paper instead of metal. Letting a coin fall on the table only catches the first thud and doesn't catch the rest of the sound it makes while the coin is flipping. That's how bad my audio setup is.

Attached: MT-GOTY-focusrite-scarlett-3rd-gen-review-01@1400x1050-1068x801.jpg (1068x801, 96.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/16EocygXVQCJ
voca.ro/1iKwe5vx3xre
vocaroo.com/1fxVC70rzD6u
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

bumped

Use jack

I AM USING THE JACK, I AM JACKING OFF 300% WITH MY BIG BOY 6.3mm

Use a dynamic mic instead.

my setup works fine, think its a you problem
vocaroo.com/16EocygXVQCJ

the fuck is this lmfao

Iā€™magine the smell

If you have a condenser mic it should've had an XLR interface. Most condenser mics are sensitive as fuck. You can try dynamic. Also, no mic should be laggy. Are you certain you have the asio drivers installed? If you're on windows most interfaces will work, but not as a proper asio low latency interface. Try to reinstall the drivers from the manufacturer

Buy a dynamic mic, sm57 or sm58 whichever you find cheaper, used is fine. Buy a good interface, id4, evo 4, m2, etc. Look reviews on yt, there's informative ones there. You'll need an xlr cable which I assume you already have and a decent boom arm. Done.

Somebody redpill me about OP's pic.

Attached: 4193ce8bb59ee7cb508a45f77ea3a440--metalhead-deviant-art.jpg (400x692, 42.56K)

Is this a real audio problem, or a discord problem? Chat software has it's own noise gates and compression.
Install the drivers, open the scarlett settings and turn the buffer down

Attached: Buffer.png (277x282, 7.6K)

so, whats your setup right now? a lot of cheap 10-20 usd "condenser mics" aren't actual condenser mics, or are literal dogshit quality.

im using a focusrite 2i2 and a MXL 770. I love the combo, though maybe in the future ill get an audio interface with more channels... but as far as the mic goes, its pretty perfect. Picks up sound real clearly in like a 6-8" cardioid pattern. background noise is non existent. If a tv is on in the background you don't even hear it.

makes me sound better than someone on TV as well :p

voca.ro/1iKwe5vx3xre

they sure are red

Here's a Shure SM57 running into a Focusrite Clarett 8Pre
vocaroo.com/1fxVC70rzD6u

kek

Sounds very clean user, great setup

Attached: chad_phillips.jpg (640x738, 35.87K)

About focusrite? It's okay interface. Everything in this price range is pretty much the same