Does anyone even use this?

Does anyone even use this?
What do you think about MS Access
Just seems such a fringe thing, but my office randomly needs it now.

My dead grandpa used to teach me Access, and I never though I would need it.

Attached: 1200px-Microsoft_Office_Access_(2019-present).svg.png (1200x1172, 61.15K)

We were taught in school with.

I think I used it once in computer lab in the 90s

>proprietary
to the trash it goes

Why would anyone use access when anything else exists as a better alternative?

I think I used it once back in highschool but can't even remembered what you use it for. All I remember is connecting stuff with lines.

there's a metric fuckton of small businesses that made a push for digitalizing their processes once in the 90s and have just been running with it since then
in fact a bulk of the software running the world is probably like that: obscure, unmaintainable historically grown one-off solutions

I think it's used for planning database schemes.

You learn something new everyday! Albeit this is on the more "never gonna get used side", thank you!

Boomer corps mostly.

It is a proper sql database & GUI software.

used it once for a school project where i needed to make a from and the input saved in a db

They use an access database to track who gets free lunch at the school I work at

Ironically whatever they replace it with will be slower, buggier, and lacking important features, in spite of the flaws of the original solution.

It was the worst part of my intro to Computers class. Doing basic math in Sheets is less mind numbing that doing anything in Access

see and most times I've seen it used is in place of excel after data is too much for a spreadsheet
literally even if you do IT, you probably won't ever touch one of these things because some boomer made it and taught everyone that uses it how to use it

>private property is bad mmmkay

Attached: (You).jpg (1024x1024, 102.38K)

It works fairly well using Azure as the backend, but otherwise just use SQLite.

whenever anyone in my office makes an excel spreadsheet about something, i make a point of telling them that a database is a more appropriate tool for their use case and they should have used access
i don't use it myself though

kek
2002 called

same, everyone fucking hated it
that said, everyone in that class was either a turbo retard or an autist so maybe it's alright

These are the answers.

Access is always some smelly retard dead business that hasn't updated its shit in 20 years. Or they do it just so they can control the access database ie not let anyone else have it. Basically one step up from Excel. Usually this was an attempt to create a fake sunk cost fallacy, ie they had the business dump $2,000 or whatever the fuck on the super duper enterprise version of it in 2001, then they don't want to upgrade for 20 years because "that money would go to waste". Companies that are based off of Access databases either in full or in part, are always always always a fucking boomer shit show. You basically have to wait for some key big clout nigger to literally die of old age before that shit will be changed.

I use it all the time to manage my manga collection.

>just run these binaries goy, nothing will happen to your computer

In theory it allows you to easily create graphical applications to manage a lot of data. In practice you'll be skipping the wizard and be using SQL directly to get anything done. That is if you haven't killed yourself after having to deal with VBA. Access is/was enterprise shit. Now we just use a proper database server and a shitload of JavaScript (which is still better than access).

>implying you read and understand the entire GNU/Linux source code before compiling it yourself and installing it
I'd first trust binaries from a professional, established market leader than trust source code made by amateur hippies in their free time.

i’d trust open source code written by unrelated 3rd parties more than opaque binaries made by a company that has a history of working with the NSA