Why SeedBoxes etc

I have an urge to torrent a ton of stuff and build a little media horde. Stop paying for various streaming services. But then, I think of what I'd need to do to set it up and I just don't.

I've already got threatening letters from ISP for torrenting at home. So, if I wanted to torrent a huge collection of stuff I'd need to get a seedbox. Plex. Plex server. Radar and Sonar to help me find movies and TV shows. Private trackers? I'd have to manually go around and torrent all this stuff. I'd need hard drives and a NAS and...

What's the point of doing all this stuff? One or two streaming services is much easier and cheaper. Am I missing something?

Attached: CanadianTruckers.jpg (760x530, 42.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hub.docker.com/r/dperson/openvpn-client),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Plex
use jellyfin

Also, is there any way I could just download some huge collection of media so I wouldn't have to think about what to download? I basically just want to setup a plex server that gives me free netflix + amazon video + disney plus + etc.

> Am I missing something?
> This show is not available in your country

I've literally never run into that. Also, everything I've ever wanted to torrent has been on the pirate bay.

OP on the left

Attached: 1643130000569.png (2500x2000, 2.93M)

>I've already got threatening letters
I haven't yet I seed the latest seasonal anime on Nyaa. I'll continue doing so and you will never convince me streamshit is better.

The right is more expensive and more work and slower. How is that higher IQ?

Note that seedboxes get quite expensive if you are using them for private trackers since they make you seed them for a while after you leech or until you hit a 1:1 ratio.

private trackers are so gay

How is the right more expensive?

>1:1 ratio
tell me one private tracker that is that strict

>seedboxes
Why do people even use seedboxes?

I have both on my unRAID server, jellyfin needs a bit more polish so I pretty much always just use Plex.

ISP won't do shit just torrent over VPN if you're a pussy

this is a shill thread, end your posts with "NIGGER FAGGOT JANNY TRANNY" to prove you're not being paid to post

sir this is not ptg

>I've already got threatening letters from ISP for torrenting at home.
Use a vpn retard. I use surfshark since they're dirt cheap and allow torrenting but any vpn that allows torrenting is fine.
Personally, i just let my sonarr radarr jackett and deluge containers use the network of my vpn-client container (hub.docker.com/r/dperson/openvpn-client), but there are other ways to achieve the same thing.
>I'd have to manually go around and torrent all this stuff.
No? Once you set this shit up properly it downloads all the shows and movies you add automatically and puts tem into the correct place. I'll admit that older shows are a bit harder to get from public trackers, i personally download them via a private forum but it is entirely possible to download them via public trackers too.
>One or two streaming services is much easier and cheaper.
Not in the long run. Setting up the server takes time, but it will save you the future hassle of switching streaming services and will provide you with all content you want to watch as opposed to what's currently available. Cost wise it's similar. You have high initial costs with the hardware but low monthly costs (i pay 1.7€ for my vpn).
Well one way is to also run ombi and let friends of you request shows and movies. Also once every six months i go on one of these shitty illegal streaming sites and just add the most viewed 10-30 shows.
Additionally, it is possible to import lists in sonarr and radarr if you really want to bulk import lots of shows you'll probably never watch.
Private trackers. Quite convenient to keep your ratio up.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-02-02-12-47-16-77_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg (1080x1160, 266.75K)

sneedboxes

OP lives in g*rmany and pays 1 euro per kWh

>refurbished office PC - $150
>$5 a month in electricity provided you're not some yurofaggot

Compared to
>$10-$15 a month per streaming service
>you need at least 3 to get a decent selection nowadays, so $30-$45 per month

I really like jellyfin but it needs streaming over internet and a bunch of other stuff

>streaming over internet
Who's gonna tell him?