Is it possible to run own server, adblocking services, vpn and stuff like that off of a single RPI?

Is it possible to run own server, adblocking services, vpn and stuff like that off of a single RPI?

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 9.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=284
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Imma beginner, and I want to learn Linux, python and generally programming. VMs and bare metal Linux on my laptop are not enough anymore.

yes

At the same time I ment

Yes. Just keep track of the work load and buy with 8GB of RAM.

Thanks user

>adblocking services, vpn
just do it on your router why would you need a pi for this

8gb is too much for just adblocking, vpn and self hosting stuff
i have a 4gb model and so far ive only used 1gb of ram maximum (media server, nextcloud, torrenting, vpn, adblock, docker, nginx, file browser, and maybe some more i don't remember)

$20 more for a peace of mind

this, everything mentioned in op can run on a rpi zero without issue
the bottleneck is the ethernet connection, too slow and way too much latency
you will need a good network card for it

the network card on the rpi 4 is pretty good already

Well i want to leave some breathing room in case it needs it. Im new to the stuff and ARM processor is in my mind a little to weak.

unless youre gonna use it as a small pc for getting used with arm, theres really no reason to get a 8gb model
i thought the same buying the 4gb model

Hmmm will do more research bout that

yes

Yes, pi hole + VPN for sure, on top of that, you can add some services as long as they're not too heave.
Having a large microSD to store everything isn't a good idea though, it should store little more than the software and configs, all the files should go on an external hard drive.

this

Yes friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=284

>email server
>file hosting
>torrenting
>hentai@home
>adblocking
>vpn

On a single rpi2.

For a mission-critical server you might prefer something with ECC memory. But tha's about it.
You'll be more than fine with an RPi 3/4.

I want my own cloud , VPN, bitwarden, adblocking, DNS and ISP not tracking me and that stuff.
Not some H4XX0R type of shit. I'm not into that stuff, I'm not capable of that type of stuff nor I will ever be.
I just want my private lipfe to stay private.
Fuck apple, google and co

>hentai@home
what you meaning by this