Once again apt full-upgrade has destroyed my Linux install to the point that even the network interfaces were blown...

Once again apt full-upgrade has destroyed my Linux install to the point that even the network interfaces were blown away and I can't get on the internet.

Should I just say fuck it and switch to macOS? Linux is way too unreliable and the vicious break/fix cycle make me think my time is more valuable that this. I'm not interested in larp'ing as a sysadmin like the rest of the linux faggots on this board.

Attached: 1639662647786.jpg (184x184, 10.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

embeddedinventor.com/apt-upgrade-vs-full-upgrade-differences-explained-for-beginners/
desuarchive.org/g/search/text/"apt full-upgrade"/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he fell for the loonix meme

That's what I did, mac for developing and web browsing and the such. Windows box when I need the horses

>he fell for aptism

works on my machine

What do you mean? You're never more than one command away from a stable system. Just run:
sudo nix-env --rollback

What's the problem?

Attached: 1618766718263.png (900x800, 681.8K)

>I'm not interested in larp'ing as a sysadmin like the rest of the linux faggots on this board.

who are you quoting?

Did you figure out what you did wrong?

he's pretending that doing something simple and sensible like automated snapshots, something both windows and mac users also do, is a task suited only for a sysadmin and not just a standard thing
linux makes him quiver with fear and feelings of inadequacy, so he copes by posting shitty bait threads like this one

>apt
There's your problem.

Why didn't you just hit the "Update software" button in the Ubuntu settings menu?
Let me guess, you specifically chose a l33t "cool" distro that's harder to use for the "street cred" of using it, then complained that it's hard to use.

>Why didn't you just hit the "Update software" button in the Ubuntu settings menu?

Attached: 1615802696937.webm (955x689, 2.26M)

>apt full-upgrade
What do you need this for?

Haha filtered retard.

embeddedinventor.com/apt-upgrade-vs-full-upgrade-differences-explained-for-beginners/

I’ve never used that command but this page says it can result in what you described and that you need to only use it if you’re confident that it’s appropriate.

There's a reason why Linus uses Fedora. Because no one with a brain would use anything other than Fedora.

hahaha ubuntu is such a joke!

This.

Attached: 1643788079185.png (402x402, 32.87K)

>makes the user go through 19.04 and 19.10 before getting 20.04
why

windows user, the more i read about nix the more i want to try it...should i?

desuarchive.org/g/search/text/"apt full-upgrade"/type/op/

Dont use full upgrade.

You need to install always latest lts and do only apt update and apt upgrade if needs be. Changing the version is higher demand task and should left to the end of lifetime of said lts.

Ps. Linux sux.

Ubuntu sux*