Do you noa lot about Windows 98?

Do you noa lot about Windows 98?

Attached: 1641478367693.png (1024x767, 380.72K)

BiS

kiss little girls

How?

>GTK_USE_PORTAL=1

why use win98 when win2000 do trick
(if you're really playing DOS games you can dual boot or use dosbox if your computer lacks sound blaster compatibility at the DOS level)

Its a bunch of back end improvements on top of DOS with the same new shell that defines windows to this day. Also the internet is now a part of the OS

actually, it's just an advanced dos application that can drop down to dos mode to run applications that are performance dependent

I do, and I have Noa rguments against its superiority.

Attached: 98ba28b82dbc71321c8943220421d961.jpg (1200x1600, 171.32K)

what does it do?

Unironically the key to happiness right here.

Ask on nanochan. You may get some legit answers.

Goes to show you've never used any distro at all. Zorin has thumbnails even in the file picker, Ubuntu as far as I'm aware does too.

>Zorin
Who the fuck even uses that?

some.

Attached: Aaron5.jpg (236x355, 13.35K)

The GUI is golden. A little bit bloated compared to 95, but overall better.
Sadly the OS keeps shitting all over itself if you don't humor it exactly the way it wants, like installing programs and drivers in the "wrong order".

>like installing programs and drivers in the "wrong order"
Could you elaborate?
Why does the order matter?

Eh I'm talking out of my ass with that one, but it certainly feels like there's some odd problem appearing every time I've installed something on Windows 98. This might not be a problem if I actually used the readme files or had the manual for what I'm trying to use, since most of the problems seem to stem from missing DLL files or expansion cards not being configured right.

based

I had XP and 98SE on dualboot on 2004 hardware, in 2010.
It was kinda fun.

Because in technical matter it's bunch of fixes and tricks applied to dos. Dos doesn't even have drivers, they are implememted by the creators of programs by directly access the hardware. Add this on top of dos and also networking, gui, different filesystem, multitasking, memory isolation etc., it's gonna be buggy as fuck like windows 98 is