/wdg/ - Web Development General

Two laptops edition.

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to Noa!
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - a good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - quite a good JS tutorial according to Noa
freecodecamp.org - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, Ruby on Rails, and SQL
fullstackopen.com/en/ - requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource according to some anons
phptutorial.net - Noa's Personal Home Page

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using the following format in your posts (the scraper will pick it up):
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum Noa-chan kawaii! consetetur sadipscing elitr

Previous:

Attached: getty_1075599562_hpy86b.jpg (1920x1080, 170.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minification_(programming)
imperva.com/learn/performance/minification/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IefXQhl7lI4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bruthas, I need dos and don'ts for interview. For internships.
. The companies got offer internships with my school's students
. 2 years web dev course with heavy focus on programming
. I have web dev experience (baby shit, but at least it is something)
. I have been studying web shit for literally several years in diferent courses to diferent levels with auth lvl being my last
. I'm not a sperg, can talk well

So far I got a few oneliners. Like stating that I've got plenty of tarining on my back starting from several years ago. Actual web dev experience when virtually not a single of my school mates have any.
Actually talk about my personal programming mini projects I've done by my own.

What else should I be getting ready?
I have links to my linkedin, git and a freelance web I redesigned with css only. No portfolio, I think I can get away with no portfolio.

zzz
fucking zoomers and nu-webdevs
(im not even a web dev.) fuck you

Attached: zzu1.png (396x317, 90.38K)

Go fuck yourself you salty little twat

fuck off, no-dev (hello world doesn't count).

only thing that i am salty with is, is this
>makes jerking off motion and splats it in ur face
this cum, nigga. eat it up nuwebdev eat my cum

Question: So what really goes on between amateur webdev and production code? Why does cookie clicker's JS look like this (bottom), and Google's JS look like this (top)? They're what, anonymizing a bunch of variables and functions, removing any whitespace? what the hell is the name of the process that turns "normal" JS into being more bullshit than is actually legible?

On my way to answer this question, I saw the answer myself (see top of screenshot): "minification"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minification_(programming)
imperva.com/learn/performance/minification/

Now, this isn't the only thing. There is code "obfuscation", which is /intended/ to make things illegible, and code "minification", which is intended to make it as compact as possible for efficient downloading, but has the side effect of obfuscating some elements (but is, in general, intended to be able to be read by a "pretty printer")

Attached: 1.png (1582x2000, 816.6K)

was there a question or are you just treating Any Forums as some sort of shitty ausimo-blog?

Hope you enjoy my fellow web devs.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IefXQhl7lI4

This post reeks of community college lectures

does english canada really have its own locale?
do you people speak any differently to #1 USA?

How retarded am I for working through The Odin Project with the goal of securing a job in the future? I have a master's in English so hopefully that doesn't count against me

You're salty about this thread you literal bitch

an interesting note about the google code there is
>math.pow(10,e-1)
this is a googol or something (u kno i am dyslexic w/ numbers (i have only just recently learned this) though)
where
it then converts this variable 'x' in the line above, to a string
and then this variable 'e' is the URL google uses for... i think it is its main crawler
and it has chosen that because its a googol

this might be an example of obfuscation. i dont know if ths is correct, i do not code...
e- might also be "just to split" - as 'e' is used lated in x /= line

>I have a master's in English
You went all the way to the master's level and didn't realize this was a bad idea?

The Odin Project is fine, anything will help when you have an English degree.

Modern JS projects involve toolchains (webpack, rollup, parcel) that compile your JS application so that it works on most browsers (because browsers don't have feature parity with JS features) and that it doesn't take long to download (i.e., minified).

With minifying, to improve DX on production sites your toolchain will usually create a sourcemap, a .map file that maps how your actual code looks like in relation to the minified file, so that you can easily inspect your code on the production website without reading minified garbage.

Also, while it's rare that some websites do "obfuscation", at the end of the day it's just client-side javascript, not bytecode. So it can be deobfuscated quite easily.

>literal
bitch
>literal bitch

i had a question when I started, if you **wanted** to spoonfeed me that fucking badly. at least I contributed to the thread with something webdev related.
if it was community college lectures I would have known the answer already instead of having it as a gap of knowledge from self teaching you fucking retard

1e100.net
for with being 'x' or math.pow(10,e-1)

I should have figured this out a long, long time ago desu

sir my shits is too spicy for streets sir hurts needing you r help plz