Apple:

Apple:
- Derived from BSD, which is derived from Unix.
- Certified as true Unix.
- BSD with most active development, best hardware support, and least exposed bugs.

*BSD:
- No hardware support.
- 2 developers, 3 users.
- Call it bug free because there aren't enough people to notice the bugs.

Linux:
- Written by a greasy neckbeard to copy off Unix.
- Can't even manage to certify as Unix.
- Bugs galore. No hardware support. No drivers.

Windows:
- Not even good enough to copy off Unix.

Clearly macOS is the superior OS of choice. Long live Unix.

Attached: 1618389833053.jpg (1920x1080, 540.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-goes-into-making-an-OS-to-be-Unix-compliant-certified
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

unix is dumb lol

>Can't even manage to certify as Unix

hobbyist trash

>best hardware support
>only supports the hardware it comes with
sir?

HOLY BASTE

Apple:
>40 year old UNIX design
>doesn't even do UNIX all the way right, like the long-standing issues with poll()
>no hardware support, it's a mess trying to get it to run at all on hardware not produced by Apple
>can't even write to Windows NTFS formatted disks without buggy 3rd party software

BSD: Fair enough assessment

Linux:
>newest of the bunch, with a codebase from 1993
>originally built for desktop PCs while UNIX was made for mainframes and minicomputers
>most extensive hardware support of all; even if some newer PC peripherals only have drivers available for Windows, Linux will work with loads of weird platforms and devices
>no drivers usually needed, most devices just plug in and work
>most distros read and write all major filesystems out of the box
>only major OS that can virtualize Windows or macOS with a real GPU and not a shitty slow virtual GPU

Windows: Yeah it's a mess especially these days

t. freecuck

OP doesn't know the difference between UNIX Certification 03, Unix, and Unix like systems. MacOS paid for the certificates. If Microsoft wanted to, they could buy one too. Notice that Apple hasn't paid for it since Snow Leopard, therefore as of recent, they are not UNIX. They are technially Unix-Like

Attached: 1631496086722.webm (402x416, 695.94K)

>MacOS paid for the certificates.
it's was a lot more work than that. it took a couple of years just to rebuild the codebase for all system and dependent programs, just for some trivial header changes (but that wasn't the only thing needed obviously). you might be interested. quora.com/What-goes-into-making-an-OS-to-be-Unix-compliant-certified
If it was about money, they could have just bought the Open Group, which was something Apple was considering as well.

scratch that, it took a year. not sure why I thought a couple.

No actually I use Windows mostly. I find its desktop experience more cohesive and usable than just about any modern Linux DE.

so do i. even with the lack of cohesiveness from switching to uwp. but that said, I don't like windows architecture compared to unix. it's a free for all where everything potentially is connected to seemingly dozens of unrelated operations (the cause of many past security issues). unix is more compartmentalized.

I agree. That's why I like Linux on servers and Windows on desktop. I'd like if Windows was more secure, but not in the ways Microsoft is currently obsessed with doing it like Pluton or Smart Screen. They're bolting half-assed measures onto an inherently insecure system instead of addressing why it's insecure in the first place.

Funny to see a normal exchange about Windows/Linux that 99% of people here actually agree upon take place without Freetards or shitposters losing their minds lol.

If you have a non-Mac for desktop use Windows is the superior option, clearly.

> Derived from BSD, which is derived from Unix.
No it isn’t. No BSD has any Unix code in it whatsoever. It uses clone software. This was the whole point of the Unix wars.

What's a laptop that can run Ubuntu without any bullshit that's on par with an M1 Macbook Air? I tried an XPS13 and X1 Carbon and both were notable worse.

this kills the freetard

OH NO NO NO NO

If you want to fuck with Applel users, just start using BitLocker encrypted USB sticks... We now have to encrypt all sticks at work with it, and the amount of seething by people who want to illegally copy stuff is insane. kek

>BSD with most active development,
lmao Apple is moving everything to iOS, OSX is on life support because it's not profitable.