Reliable HDDs found

zdnet.com/article/backblaze-uncovers-the-most-reliable-hard-drives/

Over 2021, Backblaze added 40,460 hard drives to its pool of drives, making a total of 206,928 drives in total. There are two standout parts from the report:

- The oldest drive is the most reliable: 6TB Seagate drives (model: ST6000DX000) have an average age of 80.4 months (almost seven years) and these also have the lowest annualized failure rate (AFR) of 0.11 percent.
- Newer drives are also doing really well: 16TB WDC drives (model: WUH721816ALE6L0) and 16TB Toshiba drives (model: MG08ACA16TE) were both added in 2021, and have an AFR of 0.14 and 0.91 percent, respectively.

Backblaze had also been experiencing problems with the 14TB Seagate drives (model: ST14000NM0138).

>Seagate as a brand can have both very reliable and unreliable drives it all depends on the model.

Attached: 1643705574131.jpg (720x960, 94.62K)

I need a reliable HD around 10TB. What is a good one?

HGST 12TBs would be very nice

Seagate 10TB and Seagate 12TB arent as reliable as those HGSTs, eventhough one particular 6TB Seagate is one of the most reliable drives known

Only HGST.

heavy is good. heavy is reliable. if it doesn't work you can hit him with it

no shingles, right?

After HGST I would suggest buying a Toshiba

Did i do bad getting 2x 5tb WD black externals for $100 each on black friday, was the only one with the least shit reviews on amazon and seemed like best bang for my buck at the time

the only thing that is bad here is that 5TB is kind of small, otherwise you did good

Don't care. My NAS still runs 16TB Seagate Exos

10tb for $100? In what world is that a bad deal?

>HDD
Ok boomer, we use SSDs now.

Enjoy your smr

These numbers are inaccurate. Drive manufacturers have taken to change components from one batch to the next. It's literally a lottery now.

SSDs aren't suitable for longterm storage.

Toshiba are super underrated.
Seagate non-Ironwolf is instant data loss.
WD Red as well.
HGST seems aight.

Imagine the smell

what a whore

>bitches chug liquor like this, then wonder why they look like the Wicked Witch of the West at age 29
What a strange world we inhabit.

Attached: 1643164409063.jpg (640x558, 103.94K)

HGST still exists?

god i wish i was that snek

you expect someone to bring wine glasses to a park? you need to get out more