MS... Good?

>typescript
>.Net (core) runtime and sdk now under apache license
>Roslyn compiler under MIT license
>asp net core, ef core
>dotnet foundation ecosystem
>Blazor webassembly

Is Microsoft the good guy now?
90% of my problems are already solved by someone else in the ecosystem, and 90% of the remaining ones can be solved easily by open source tools.
I can encase basically any problem in a secure web service and access it from everywhere.
I've even used the roslyn compiler to generate ugly glue code for me and didn't have to pay anything. I come from a time where code generators that also access the syntax tree were only available to cooperations with extremely expensive licenses, and even those worked only 5/10 times.

And the licensing means there won't be an "Oracle situation" anytime soon.

Attached: dotnet-unified-platform.png (720x405, 45.33K)

.NET
that thing that Unity uses

Unity scripts are developed in C#. I guess they don't develop the interpreter themselves and use Mono to run it

>Is Microsoft the good guy now?
No. They just want to pretend to be a good guy. Remember that Windows and Office are very strictly closed source.

Microsoft is just riding the popularity of open source.
Facebook released zstandard, which is good. It doesn't make Facebook a good company and Microsoft doing similar types of things does not excuse the other shit they pull.

I get your point.
But before zstd, there was 7zip and it was easy to use. Net core made my life so much easier

Just shows that even Satan can inadvertantly make something righteous from time to time.

Attached: 1638115435921.png (311x533, 265.31K)

>>typescript
meme if web devs could just stop being stupid we could improve something but no they need to go for the next big thing
>>.Net (core) runtime and sdk now under apache license
>>Roslyn compiler under MIT license
>>asp net core, ef core
>>dotnet foundation ecosystem
even bigger meme you really think people didn't hear about the whole dotnet watch fiasco a couple month ago? MS once again proved they are just trying to EEE open source tech.
>>Blazor webassembly
corporate bloatware that is somehow worse than writing react web sites.

>you really think people didn't hear about the whole dotnet watch fiasco a couple month ago?
I didn't hear about it. Would you mind enlightening us?

>Is Microsoft the good guy now?
no

>dotnet watch fiasco a couple month ago
more info?

It's the new hot reload feature during debugging, you can change certain parts of your code live during debugging without having to rebuild anything.
They put it in dotnet open source, then removed it and added it to visual studio. Then, after much request, they added it back to dotnet again.

they're shit but not as shit as google

They also have hot reload for c++ programs in visual studio now which sounds a bit weird. If I understand W^X correctly they somehow have to do very smart things with the paging

I don't care, still running GTK3 programs and QT5 on the side

Attached: 1632166518721.jpg (640x491, 78.27K)

I don't see Win32....
The fuck are these street shitting monkeys playing at?

Attached: 1642670143691.jpg (594x768, 94.26K)

MS has always been good.

I like using both libraries (even when QT licensing is ... questionable) but whole they're good for GUI development they don't have the whole ecosystem and so many libraries ready at use. Installing and using libraries in C is honestly a pain in the ass. Even when you find a library that has been written by someone else, you have to hope that the right binaries are available and if not, the library still compiles on whatever version of GCC you were using

.net core does run natively on linux

>2 Corinthians 11:14
>And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light. ... And no wonder, for even Satan masquerades as an angel of light

typescript is a piece of shit, it's microsoft trying to have a say in the javascript world, and the worst part is the fucking js toddlers fell for it, it's a shame because I really love javascript
>.NET / dotnet / ASP
useless shit that binds you to windows

Fuck you that image is my nft

.Net Core runs natively on Linux and Mac, even on raspberry pi

.NET6 is based af

>>And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light. ... And no wonder, for even Satan masquerades as an angel of light
The keyword was 'inadvertently' but reading a verse further is really fitting.

Visual Studio for Linux when?
VSCode is nice and all but full-blown VS would be even nicer.

.net/c#/f#/ef core are comfy af.

So, net result is the community gotnwhat they wanted? OHHH NOOOOO THE HORROR

Retard