Should I root my Android phone in twothousand and twentytwo?

Should I root my Android phone in twothousand and twentytwo?

Attached: my phone.jpg (2000x1000, 85.31K)

No, you should install lineageOS instead.

if you have an actual pixel like the pic, you should install grapheneos
otherwise yeah lineage

no just leave it retard

why do you say that?

why is it better or worse than android 12? is it better for security/telemetry?

cause graphene is way less janky and slapshod, on account of only being developed for a small selection of devices. For instance, cameras are like universally garbage on lineageos, whereas the pixel cameras work pretty good on graphene since they can tweak the camera program for 2 devices a year.

>on account of only being developed for a small selection of devices.
looks like we win again iChads!

Attached: screen-shot-2015-10-04-at-10-48-40-am[1].png (843x446, 343.81K)

I needed to root, but only because Viper audio.
Without it, ~90% of BT speakers sound like crap

How's the camera on LineageOS?

Doesn't support VoLTE or 5G, which means it's of zero use in America after the 15th of this month.

Can you bypass all these apps that block you once you're rooted? I keep coming across this shit now, it's aggravating. I barely even use root features now, the botnet might have won and I might not bother rooting anymore if I got locked out of apps. Shit man.

Don't you need to root to do that?

>Don't you need to root to do that?
No an unlocked bootloader.

Viper Audio is liquid dogshit. Not dropping SELinux for this unusable piece of shit. I would unironically rather use PowerampEQ.
Dogshit. You may be able to get an half decent patched GCam for your device.
It does have VoLTE wtf are you talking about. Also you get what you deserve amerilards.
Most of them can be fooled by magiskhide and some spoofing. New root hide methods are being developed. I had only 1 app detect root on my setup and it was my banking app. But because it's not a jewbank they just told me rooted devices secure and let me do whatever I wanted.

>How's the camera on LineageOS?
It's depended on the hardware camera, there is no post-processing or tricks.
If you want that there is google camera.
It just works

>magiskhide and some spoofing
Don't they constantly develop ways to detect the spoofing though?
Didn't Google hire the magisk guy as well?

Doesn't that fail safetynet checks?

>It does have VoLTE wtf are you talking about.
The phone does, it's just not supported by LineageOS because it requires proprietary binaries for IMS. No wifi calling either.
>Also you get what you deserve amerilards.
3G is getting sunsetted in Europe too you retarded faggot. Pajeetland and some south american shitholes are the only places that'll have 3G networks going forward because they're too poor to upgrade their infrastructure.

>Doesn't that fail safetynet checks?
If you have an official build you can relock it.
But it does not matter for me.

It doesn't even detect hardware features properly half of the time. Every time I restart the phone the camera tries to get into macro mode, crashes and just removes the option upon restart. Gcam patches can work alright but that is device dependent.
Yes and Yes. Still works and new methods are being developed as we speak.
>Safetynet
Just spoof the signature.
Isnt that provided in the vendor firmware partition that linage os only patches ? Anyway just tested VoLTE on my phone and it fucking works bro.
>3G sunseted
Yes but my country is not being a nigger about it like the US providers are. Not only are we free of whitelist fuckery but GSM is going to be maintained as a legacy and base coverage band. Rural fags in the US are getting buttfucked because they are killing both 3G AND GSM.

>It doesn't even detect hardware features properly half of the time
I don't have that issue.
But that is because my phone was pretty stock to begin with (android one).

graphene isn't rooted - so your banking and corpo run fine - but IS 100% degoogled w/ no play services. best of both worlds

Attached: iu.jpg (832x468, 82.23K)

Get an iPhone retard. The primary function of a smartphone is messaging and Imessage is the best option for mostly e2ee messaging with everyone else. What, gonna install spergOS just to toil and embarrass yourself just to get maybe 10 percent of your contacts to use signal? Further, you'll be messaging in plain text SMS, excluded from groups, and will miss out on lots of functionality. This all seems like a hassle and a pretty big privacy loss for switching to a supposedly privacy interested setup.

>Just spoof the signature.
>new methods are being developed as we speak
The problem for me is that my phone is still on Android 8, and development stopped for it some time back. I don't know if any of the new methods will even work on it

>Isnt that provided in the vendor firmware partition that linage os only patches ?
Yes, but that's the problem. The firmware is a black box, and most of the carriers and hardware makers don't make anything public so that third party devs can use them properly. There's frameworks tied to the firmware that are required for IMS services, including VoLTE and wifi calling. If yours works, you're one of a very lucky few. The subject of VoLTE is actually banned from discussion on the Lineage forums and subr*ddit because they're so tired of having to answer questions about it.

sir you need to go to exda dewelopers where we can help you in the worums sir

you are assuming way too much information. I don't use my phone for anything outside of media consumption and phone calls.

Attached: 1628060076014.jpg (1000x949, 210.43K)

Just try it nigger. How am I supposed to know what works on your device ? Also the older the devices is the more easily you can can defeat root detection and spoof safetynet. Make backups and get yourself a stock up to date flashboot (NOT RECOVERY) ROM before you fuck up anything moron. Also remove all passwords to prevent encryption issues before doing anything.
Hmmm. Mine is a POCO X3 PRO and apparently it works but maybe that's because Xiaomi is pretty open about this shit. I know the firmware black box is fucked I had to deal with a good deal of issues when I accidentally wiped ALL partitions and nearly bricked my phone. Had issues with reception for a while because the ROM I recovered it with did not have the necessary FW to support all bands in my country and had to get another one. I also had no way of telling whether it actually worked or not and just had a hunch that it might be the cause before I fixed it btw

Contrarian unusual bugger. Everyone else uses messaging as the primary function.

why are you mad for no reason? you reply to my post accusing me of random garbage and when I say you're wrong you're accusing me of being a contrarian. I'm just using my phone the way I want to, and asking if rooting is relevant to me. take a nap dude, you're grouchy as shit.