So it's... it's like a virtual environment for my virtual environment? Why do people cum so hard over this?

So it's... it's like a virtual environment for my virtual environment? Why do people cum so hard over this?

>tfw i just wanted to write some code

Attached: homepage-docker-logo.png (960x794, 155.01K)

I use kubernetes cluster at home.

its not useful for writing code, its useful for using already written code, without doing sysop

basically code monkies fucked themselves so hard with dependency hell, they had to invent a whole virtualization so not to deal with it

>my code is shit I need to build it in a venv
>my code is shit it needs to be deployed in a venv

what
a
won
der
ful
worllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllddddddddd

retard
this is a client server model to manage your images and subsystems kind of cool to be honest, i mean i use that to bootstrap OS's its easier than using a deb/kickstart files, its also nice for a testing environment its taking less than minutes to install and configure things on that.
surprisingly not bad there are many things that are colossal shit but not that one

>its useful for using already written code
So it's like an installer? But more inclusive trans-positive?

It's Nix but for people who are too stupid for Nix.

It can be kinda handy for quicky starting up servers and keeping them up to date. It also makes it easy to keep them portable.
For example if you want to quickly start up a jellyfin server on a server or raspberry pi or whatever:
docker pull jellyfin/jellyfin
docker run -d --name server_name --user 1000:1000 --net=host --mount type=bind,source=path/to/cache,target=/cache --mount type=bind,source=path/to/config,target=/config --mount type=bind,source=path/to/media,target=/media/essd1 jellyfin/jellyfin
Then to update you just stop the container, rm it, pull again then rerun the start command.

>sounds a lot like a virtual environment

What's the advantage of running k8 over just a handful of machines with docker?

to run your code on any Linux shit os

blame languages with shit dependency management

it's more like a big, bloated package manager made by people that didn't understand package managers

it fixes troonix largest issue: dependency hell

Attached: file.png (422x585, 300.84K)

Docker and Kubernetes are the easiest solution we could come up with to manage the nightmare that is "modern" software. I'm not hating on them, they do the trick, but it is interesting to imagine how much better things could be.

it's crazy to think that the best way of fixing that is someone going: "just give every program it's own operating system"

I don't think that's what Docker is. It's for setting up an isolated well-defined environment with its own filesystem layout and possible host directory/port bindings. If you just want to install a package locally, you're much better going off with Nix. In fact, you should use Nix for defining what to install on a Docker image.

Things are better here.

Attached: 1643746406475.png (1183x1024, 88.42K)

webshitters use so many dependencies depending on dependencies in a extremely delicate balance of incompatible version numbers that they have no chance of shipping a working program running on another persons machine so they have to use crutches like docker to have a slim chance of it working (and it still might not work because you have a too old version of docker)

docker compose
i like typing one command and an entire service is brought up
>there are other ways
yeah but docker is easy. if you want to do it your way do so

>i like typing one command and an entire service is brought up
>has never heard of a bash script in his life

yes you could go write a 500 line bash script to do the same
i didn't but you do you. make sure to share the script because some other people will want it