Reddit now allows you to actually block people. After 16 years. Finally

Reddit now allows you to actually block people. After 16 years. Finally.

Before this, blocking someone would just hide what they say from your view. But now you can disallow them from replying to your posts at all.

If you're thinking: "why block someone, just move on and ignore them..."

You probably don't ever need to if you are just a casual user, but if you're active in certain communities, there can be autists who stalk and are constantly harassing you. It's happened to me where people have harassed me for literally months/years, then after a certain point you get sick and want this user out of your life who has spent hours of each day stirring up shit in your comments, accusing you of whatever off-topic shit they want, which causes a thread of comments replying to them and a ton of irrelevant drama, when I just want to post about whatever topic like computers or some shit.

And yeah Reddit sucks in other ways, but sometimes it's the only place to seriously discuss certain things.

Attached: 1643741142981.jpg (1440x1505, 327.08K)

I wish I could block people like you on Any Forums.

Ellen Pao is buying Any Forums sometime this year, I wonder if that's gonna be the death of this site.

I never comment on reddit anyway. So many enormous liars and faggots, like OP

but they'll just make a throwaway account. Unless reddit makes account creation harder this remains meaningless

>sometimes it's the only place to seriously discuss certain things.
this is an amusing asserting, reddit's post quality is often far worse than even Any Forums's most of the time it's close to Any Forums levels of retarded. their post quality is never 3 digit iq levels. if your bar of "serious discussion" is reddit you have a truly low bar, this is just sad to see how far the web has gone to shit.

shut up nigger

Just like the feature to link a Twitter account to Any Forums, most users won't know it exists and it will be forgotten.

>projecting this hard

Source or gtfo.

This. Go back to reddít and kys, OP.

Quit telling people to kill themselves.

Gape your asshole
GYA

eh, some subreddits act as archives for technical info that can be hard to find elsewhere. But yeah, it's useless for anything but that.

Subreddit requires certain account age and karma. They will have to go through a lot of effort just for you to block them in 1 second.

Not even slightly true. Usually if you post a serious question on Reddit, you can get serious answers, not someone calling you a nigger or other completely useless meme responses like on here.

Good, so what's stopping you from going back and staying there?

i havent used reddit in ages but iirc account creation is actually quite tricky since they know when something is your alt account.

fpbp /thread

reddit and Any Forums's post quality on any topic that is remotely controversial is the same because reddit and Any Forums have the same userbase now

>reddit
please please please fuck off

Is this because Any Forumschads started following trannies with accounts like iFollowMen
based and checked

Attached: 1643742882922.jpg (500x646, 225.12K)

you should go back there then