Why do we have so many programming languages? What's the brilliant idea here?

Why do we have so many programming languages? What's the brilliant idea here?
Wouldn't software benefit greatly from all being written in a single multi-purpose language? The more I think about it the more retarded it seems to have so many languages.

Attached: 1636629083241.png (723x444, 148.31K)

Different tools for different jobs. You could write anything you wanted in C but its more efficient to use a tool suited for your job.

Give it a century.

Everything should be written in the assembler for the architecture.

you're right user
you're absolute fucking right
this is stupid, lets make a new language
THE LANGUAGE
one multi-purpose language which will suit everybodys needs

>situation: there are 24 programming languages

i think sum people were playing with a language but then wen they snack time they put the language down and instead of play with it again when they come back they get a new toy

Attached: 1643216298195.png (1200x600, 168.86K)

>Different tools for different jobs
Excuse me? What kind of poorly suited analogy is this? Virtually all programming languages targets software which runs on the same class of hardware. Your little carpentry stunt here does nothing but cloud the issue.

>Wouldn't software benefit greatly from all being written in a single multi-purpose language?
There is java

Oh so you have read that xkcd strawman comic too? How very unique and interesting.

Why do we have so many Linux distros? What's the brilliant idea here?

Try programming a webpage using C or a microcontroller using JavaScript.

This thought experiment does nothing but assume the conclusion. There is no need to have C or Javascript when you can have a single language that can do both.

Based retard

Yet another NEET pretending to work in IT

Just pick one and use it for a while.
Pick another and use it for the same amount of time.
You will quickly discover that there are tradeoffs. Some being generally worse, the same or better.
You can do everything in c++, but do you have the eons it takes to become good in the language, including all of the c part of the ++.

It's good to have choice but it"s not perfect and having lots of choice causes other problems.

I enjoy programming with lots of choice. The problems with software isn't related to choice, but to unrealistic expectations on the tripple constraint, i.e. it takes along time to make decent software.
There's also a very short planning phase for building software that leaves many aspects unaccounted for when it begins.
Engineers blueprint... or plan everything before they start construction.
So why aren't we?
Again, too little time, too little budget (no charging customers enough), and too much scope.

Write in C.

>why do we need different sizes of nuts and bolts? Why not have one size that does it all!

Just like a spectrum, except here you can pick what kind of Autist you are

Attached: slow wojack.jpg (402x444, 23.94K)

Correct.
Actually, we already have that language (it's called Nim).

same as linux distributions, everyone think they have a better idea to implement systems and thats create a chaos since there is no casual standard for everything, this is good and bad tho.
i mean its important to know how to do those things and sometimes you may create a market/community with it.
the bad thing is that everyone wants their own echosystem like microshit that bring us powersperg("ITS OPEN SOURCE NOW BRO!") that literally gives us nothing but more complicity and retardness

You are correct. However, something like that has to be developed, maintained and become successful

all programming languages are terrible

Attached: 1643647974814.jpg (220x221, 6.86K)