What the fuck? So basically an i5 is actually a defective i9 that got down-clocked?

What the fuck? So basically an i5 is actually a defective i9 that got down-clocked?
Holy shit how come they don't teach this at college? I'm 32 and just heard of this

Attached: Screenshot_20220201-113257~2.png (895x1613, 823.75K)

College is there to give you a good unbiased base of knowledge and to teach you to think, in safe and simplified environments. Colleges, the good ones at least, aren't there to teach you temporary and/or proprietary technology.

>cpu manufacturing is just a crapshoot and they are categorised by their randomly assigned performance rather than being different designs
wtf

Attached: 1613865951974.png (300x301, 30.11K)

>CPUs are actually, unironically a reverse-engineered ayylmao tech
You better start believing

Attached: Astrology is real if you work in semiconductors.jpg (1536x2048, 523.46K)

how did you not know of this, its standard industry practice
theyve even been selling cheaper versions of what would be otherwise defective processors that specifically cannot be overclocked
everyone does it, even apple with their silicon

are you actually retarded?

yes and no
while "alien" technology, its less schizo than written in that book

I know about that but I thought it was just a few specific models that were defective versions of other models
I didn't realise that chip manufacturing was like picking eggs

>its less schizo
In reality it's more schizo. Rotational velocidensity level schizo.

> men
> hygiene
lmao

>so basically ones and zeroes go brrr
Yeah right.

Attached: Skull of a crowned athlete with a gold wreath from Agios Nikolaos, Crete.jpg (600x519, 85.18K)

yes, it's called binning.

Wait til you find out an 5600x is a defective 5800x and in the beginning even sometimes a defective 5950x. Wait til you find those 16 core threadrippers and epyc chips actually have 64 cores but 48 of them are disabled.

The same with car brands like VW, most of their models have the same engine but they are just running on a different control chip.
You can "jailbreak" your car and end up with a shitload more horsepower.

Yeah right. Does your wife's boyfriend work at VW?

Please tell me this isn't real... holy shit guys are you joking PLEASE

>zoom zoom dumshit has no clue about cars
Not surprised

my ex gf told a bunch of fags my dick size and soon as we broke up i got like 5 DMs asking for them to suck my dick and fuck them. what the fuck are wrong with faggots. obviously i went with the shortest one. he made me cum in minutes. honestly surprised.

>I'm 32 and just heard of this
you gotta be joking this has been knowledge for decades. get back to Any Forums

It has always been like this. People used to flash the bios or find other hacks to "upgrade" their hardware. Sometime, it was enough to draw a line using a carbone pencil.

There is a known failure rate when etching silicon, so they implement this failure rate into their designs.
It's a clever way of improving the yield, saving money and creating more products simultaneously. Anyone who is shocked/horrified/angered/confused(alienfags) need to rope themselves NOW

ITT: bunch of retards just discovered what a cpu is

Attached: 1625071164760.jpg (960x761, 103.61K)

>taking random's word for granted

umm, the explanation for your second highlight is given right after

There's been various times when you could take advantage of this.
Notable mention goes to the Athlon II/Phenom II lineup of AM3 CPUs. Motherboard manufacturers even advertised core unlocking as a feature, turn a single core into a dual core and a quad core into a six core among other various configurations