/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Note: This general is hijacked often, fake troll threads link to gnu.org rantings or shill random software, report and ignore them.
Use the feedback form: 4channel.org/feedback

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions.
Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips & tricks that enhance your life with Windows.

Remember: Notice the friendly - please be civil when possible.

>Paste
rentry.org/fwt

>Installing Windows for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Which version should I get?
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>How do I activate?
>Can I change editions after install?
>Where do I get Office?
read the paste: rentry.org/fwt

>How do I debloat/debotnet Windows 10 or 11?
Offline (pre-install): rentry.org/mdl-optimize-guide
Online (live install): privatezilla / thisiswin11 (and dont mindlessly tick everything)
Don't mix offline & online tools with each other.

>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.

>Can you get the Ryzen scheduler on LTSC 2021?
Yes.

>Can I upgrade to LTSC 2021?
Only from previous LTSC builds w/o doing the upgrade matrix hack in rentry paste.

>LTSC or LTSC IoT?
Same thing just different licensing and support.
LTSC for corporate PCs/devices with 5 years support (KMS only).
LTSC IoT for consumer devices with 10 years support (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
All versions of W10 are essentially LTSC now getting mostly security updates as development of new features has shifted focus to W11.

>I already run Windows 7, but don't want to clean install?
The non-LTSC installers can upgrade.

>Are homebrew ISOs safe (Gen2/Ameliorated)?
Not really, use only official Microsoft images.

/fwt/ spammer aka staxshill filter (4chanX): pastebin.com/F0Trfkfq

Previous thread:

Attached: Windows-Logo-History.jpg (3840x3215, 687.63K)

It's mpv.org

it's the bare minimum to provide some mouse inputs, mpv is designed mostly around keyboard shortcuts (there's a shitload) and config files. my definition of a good UI is that it doesn't look like ass and get in your way. mpv does that.

And the biggest benefit is that it just werks, plays everything flawlessly.

So anons i have set up a weekly backup thing from control panel to a external hdd i always keep connected to my pc and my question is what if I forgot to connect it once in a while and skipped a backup cycle and connect it in time for the next, will it just continue to work or bug out?

>Notice the friendly - please be civil when possible
>Install Windows for retards:

Anons help.

that's how friends talk to each other

That’s not an insult. Since Vista anyone can install windows. You have to be mentally challenged if you can’t install it.

I'm fucking annoyed that the majority of PCs for sale can't run windows 11 yet still cost over 1 grand. Shit time to get a PC. Luckily Total War Warhammer 3 is 100% Linux native, but I really wanted a new windows 11 PC but not for todays shit prices.

first day?

What do you mean? Everything that was made in the last 3-4 years will run windows 11 without any problems. And something older will run 11 with a few tweaks.

>my definition of a good UI is that it doesn't look like ass
user, it does look like ass. It's just text and icon womitted on the screen with no rhyme and reason

How do I get past this? Can't upgrade Windows. And what kind of bullshit message is this, really. I have 80GB free so it's not the issue. Tried to resize the UEFI boot partition as it seems it could be the problem, but it didn't change anything. What the hell is this error.
Upon googling, people solve this by doing a fucking clean installation, as if that was a solution.

Attached: 139630197-2f54915f-b0a0-4749-af78-a8e8f03b5e4c[1].png (706x557, 19.05K)

user, you're not meant to look at the UI when playing a video file

that's like worrying about the design of your remote control for your TV

>Everything that was made in the last 3-4 years will run windows 11 without any problems.
holy shit it's that bad?

Yeah it's kinda bad. My 4770k can't run windows 11 officially. But some slow celeron can.

this is supposed to look good? if you say so.

Attached: 14825.730x0.jpg (730x489, 89.66K)

Windows 10 will be the last version of windows
>released Windows 11

looks like a proprietary dvd player from 2006

yeah it looks like some kind of chinese bootleg
>PotPlayer is a multimedia software player developed for the Microsoft Windows operating system by South Korean Internet company Kakao
no wonder it looks cheap and oriental

>user, you're not meant to look at the UI when playing a video file
I get that. But I do prefer when products look good. Clean UI is not that hard. Especially is something that simple as videoplayer. It's mind boggling that there is nothing descent looking that works good (VLC doesn't)

i think mpv looks great

i like the minimalistic look