Are CS graduates the boomers of the current generation?

Are CS graduates the boomers of the current generation?
Many of my millenial friends tell me how hard it is to find a job but I can't at all relate to their problems

Attached: dqh6y3n09wd51.png (2160x2160, 2.07M)

Despite the insistence of modern universities to dumb down CS courses as much as possible, you still need an IQ of at least 115 to realistically be able to make it through such a course. This still puts you at least one standard deviation away from the average normie meaning that you will have a significantly easier time standing out.
Also worth noting that most jobs these days only exist because cost of living in some areas is low enough and desperation high enough to push salaries below the cost of replacing the people with software or machines. Or because machinery/software is not advanced yet.
So overall, if you're not the one automating, but are instead the one being automated, you're fucked. You will be treated as a disposable worker with no real unique value.

What about non-STEM degrees though? A friend of mine studied geography and wasn't able to find any job with his degree, so he became a clerk.

Also, regarding your other points, I would like to mention that there are still many low IQ jobs that can't be automated away, mostly those that require a functional human body or empathy, as automation is not yet able to replace these qualities

banned check

Yes but candidates for low IQ jobs are in abundance which is why salaries are going to be low.
Your friend studied something for which there is no demand and he couldn't find a job? What is the surprising thing here?

His boomer dad studied the same and had no problem getting a job

Boomers were playing easy mode and geography was dead the moment internet became accessible.
Why the fuck would anyone ever had to study what city is in what country when you can find it in 2s online?
Like 50% of school subjects are made obsolete by internet yet they still teach it.

>geography is about memorizing cities
Any Forums moment

You're an American/European in a well off country coming from a well off family and are probably white and middle-class or up.
Your experience of life is far removed from anyone else. There might an average smart pajeet out there that could actually be doing a decent job in your place but will be cleaning human shit from the street because he can't get a visa or stuff like this.

>There might an average smart pajeet out there that could actually be doing a decent job in your place but will be cleaning human shit from the street because he can't get a visa or stuff like this.
Sounds like a problem his own people created for themselves as a result of their own culture.

>There might be an average smart pajeet out there that could actually be doing a decent job in your place
No, fuck off. You've obviously never been in a dev job to say something retarded like that. Pajeets are hired because they'll work for pennies in comparison, while doing worse at the job. I'm tired of working jobs where the fucking indians do a worse job than anyone else, but they get to stick around because they accept low pay in exchange for a work visa. On my team, the west euros work well, the Americans work well, the Slavs and East Asians are also great. It's always the Indians that have issues doing basic shit.

White collar jobs are actually most likely to be automated first-- turned into software. Travel agents, accounts and low-end lawyers are being wiped out by free apps lmao

Boomers were playing in a post-WW2 world in which they were the only ones with a modern industrial economy.

I haven't been in a dev job because I'm a south american that won't get called to an interview even if I'm totally capable of doing a job. I even give consultations to europeans and americans on projects, but they won't give me a paid position.

You'd be mind blown if you realized how much it helps to just be a white american dude living in the US for this shit.

So what do you do right now, fellow third worlder?

What do you think is the cause?
Seems to me that, working with anybody from another country would be very annoying.
language barrier, time difference, etc

Wasting my life doing postdocs in machine learning related shit. I will probably die being a postdoc.
I have a friend who moved to canada because he had a second citizenship due to his family. They hired him as a security dev, after like 6 months of internship, in a bank before he even finished his shitty college there, kek.
Here he could barely get hired as a dish washer in a restaurant, and there's no way in fucking hell a bank would hire him for anything if he didn't have 10 insiders to vouch for him.
The world is just a really fucked up place. Most of us here could be doing the average job of a data-scientist/python/whatever programmer that gets paid about 80k a year in the US, but not having the work visa ready, not having a citizenship, etc etc just makes you too much of a hassle even for remote positions I guess.
I know language barrier is not an issue in my case. The bizarre thing is I can't even get to the fucking interviews most of the time. They don't even call you.

Got another canadian friend, this one born in canada, who has been basically NEETing for the past 3 years. Legit didn't do anything and got an email from an old company he sent a resume to, currently hired making good money working from home.

I'm probably gonna rope by next year if it continues like this.

Yeah, that doesn't really seem like a situation you can personally fix; should have been born in a better country I guess.

>I know language barrier is not an issue in my case.
Unless you speak the native language perfectly it's going to be a problem.
I'm from Europe and I would hate working with another European that didn't speak my specific language.
We would have to both speak English, which does get very annoying to me, even if both our English is pretty good.

If CS is the boomer generation, what is IT?

Wrong. I have an IQ of 112 and made it through "such a course"

The failure boomers who ended up being carpenters, plumbers, etc but still ended up making decent money.

>Wasting my life doing postdocs in machine learning related shit. I will probably die being a postdoc.

Does Academia at least pay okay? Do you have prior working experience?

i hired south american guy, from uruguary, to do front end work. im pretty sure he does a lot of coke, but he knows what he's doing
so its possible user. keep looking