The most impressive jump in Mac hardware in a decade. Yet the decade-old KING absolutely destroys it

The most impressive jump in Mac hardware in a decade. Yet the decade-old KING absolutely destroys it.

Attached: sandy beast.png (1190x362, 38.64K)

LuaJIT is optimized for aarch64, but here's another example. Optimized for both architectures.

Attached: sandy beast 2.png (1188x362, 39.78K)

The winning just doesn't stop. Granted, a phone chip is no match for a tried-and-true desktop processor.

Attached: sandy beast 3.png (1188x356, 42.13K)

>LuaJIT is optimized for aarch64
Did you mean not optimized?

I mean optimized, but LuaJIT is just one example. Now let's see the i5-2500k's venerable cousin, the i7-2600k. The winning just doesn't stop.

Attached: sandy beast 4.png (1194x364, 42.07K)

Why do you feel the need to cherry-pick the specific benchmarks that don't run well on ARM? Do you perhaps have some kind of agenda here?

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 1.54.27 AM.png (931x293, 40.12K)

Don't get too cocky, Apple sister. Using your benchmark, the M1 is demolished by 5-year-old Intel chips.

Attached: coffee lake.png (1198x360, 39.95K)

>Do you perhaps have some kind of agenda here?
It's poorfag cope, like all other 2500k threads

I thought rendering video was so fast on the M1?

Attached: coffee lake 2.png (1188x368, 41.35K)

You're telling me the chip in 5-year-old MacBooks BTFOs the latest and greatest of Apple Silicon?

Attached: coffee lake 3.png (1198x372, 46.2K)

I wonder how iToddlers will cope when a 15W mobile Alder Lake chip absolutely destroys their precious little M1.

Attached: alder lake.png (1188x360, 51.56K)

It's really not funny because now all we'll get from CPU manufacturers are thermal volcanos, shit multipliers, and electrical bill raping chips designed to short themselves out so you buy a new one.

Attached: 1638103845110.png (674x1200, 935.34K)

iTODDLERS BTFO
>Don't get too cocky, Apple sister. Using your benchmark, the M1 is demolished by 5-year-old Intel chips.
beautiful

Attached: 1621150141524.png (800x756, 731.19K)

>thinly veiled hourly poorfag cope thread

>comparing a 10W laptop cpu with a 95W desktop cpu

now compare how much W they need. The M1 is perfect as a laptop cpu and there is nothing even close to beating it. Maybe the new ryzen that comes with the steam deck but I doubt it.

The M1 is one of TSMC's first higher performance 5nm EUV designs, it has a full node advantage on everything competing with it. That being the case it still isn't as power efficient as you seem to think it is. In the Mac Mini where its allowed more thermal headroom it can pull 25w consistently, burst behavior allowing it much higher, just like every other chip out there, and CPU performance is still behind older generation Ryzen APUs at similar power levels. AMD's new Rembrandt APU is only TSMC 6nm, just a refined 7nm DUV, and power has improved significantly. When AMD's 5nm EUV Phoenix APU releases we can look at the performance of a TSMC 5nm EUV X86 core vs a 5nm EUV ARMv8 core and see exactly how far behind Apple actually is in ultimate performance.

It is an outstanding SoC, but its not world changing by a long shot. Ultra wide cores with enormous decodes all tend to have high performance. There are still areas where they can fall short. Really none of this is unexpected.

> not coping well.. at all
nobody actually gives a fuck about power consumption, especially not people that want a real computer with performance. nobody is interested in processors designed for TOYS, and ARM will always be cancerous at performance.

As an ISA ARM has no inherent deficiencies or limitations compared to X86. There is literally not one single reason why ARM could not have true peer performance to modern X86 cores, in fact having consistent instruction length could only be a boon to ARM over X86 with varied length instructions.

I do since I have to pay 0.5 €/kWh and its not looking like its going down any time soon.

DECADE OLD PROCESSOR beats your shitty M1

Sorry but people want their computers to get shit done fast. Nobody cares that your M1 consumes 15W if it can only render 0.1 frames of video per second, or play games at 1 fps, and so on.

m1 is the eye searing blue energy saver bulb to the 2500k's warm halogen glow