Will GPU prices ever come down again? Can Nvidia, AMD (and Intel) collude to maintain their big fat profit?

Will GPU prices ever come down again? Can Nvidia, AMD (and Intel) collude to maintain their big fat profit?

Attached: GPU-Tier-List.jpg (1200x675, 45.64K)

>>/sqt/

>Will GPU prices ever come down again?
Yes.
>Intel is coming in as a new competitor
>At least one GPU manufacturer decided to just make ASICs so that miners buy those instead
>More and more governments started regulating crypto and banning mining

I know some are doing it but how are governments going to go about enforcing mining bans? Like just look for excessive power draws? Seems like it'd cause a lot of false positives.

No. All the manchildren paying $4k for rgb gayming machines have honestly ruined the market for crypto entrepreneurs.

No, the exorbitant prices are here to stay. Gamers proved that they will pay anything for ten more frames per second, and the GPU manufacturers have been listening. It's just a matter of time before the same happens to CPUs and SSDs.

They don't need to collude, all three of them have seen with their own eyes that "whatever the market will bear" is a far higher price point than they would have thought a few years ago.

Maybe

No, they're going up. Next year the 6500xt will be twice the asking price. Better buy now! You don't want to miss out again, do you?

They won't need that.
All they will do is make sure that the normies will stay away and instead force their own "cryptos".

Attached: 1622075365584.png (1039x825, 798.74K)

>my 1050Ti broke 2 months ago
>new and old GPUs are too expensive
>even my own 1050Ti costs literally 3 times more now, despite being used and 6 years old
>fuck it, stop using computer at home
>2 weeks pass by, I no longer want to use a computer
feels comfy actually

Attached: 1642551610844.jpg (1238x960, 364.56K)

unironically based. i hang out in /diy/ more often and do woodworking as a hobby. most fun i've had in decades.

PC gaming is dead. What made it great was that you could always buy a reasonably powerful GPU for reasonable price (think GTX 1650 Ti for $200). That segment is now totally dead and will probably never return.

>still browsing Any Forums

you could waste your life away waiting for pricing to drop or you could go for option #2:

STOP

BEING

POOR

its a $1000 for fucks sake, not $100,000

yeah, I'm at work
I realized I can shitpost most of the time here and nobody would even notice

good goy

>just spend $1000 instead of $100
>STOP BEING POOR
>WHY COMPANIES ARE NOW ANAL PROBING ME, FUCKING JEWS
Low tier bait kiddo

>$100 video cards now cost $1000
do people pat you on the head and call you special?

if $1000 is a massive hurdle that you'll never climb, you've got far bigger problems than no video card, Oliver Twist.

>>Will GPU prices ever come down again?
No.