Should be simple, right?

I work for a small manufacturer that runs/owns a large machine which is getting old. There are 4 crews, and a variety of issues happen during different shifts, and what happened when is currently recorded in a notebook. Obviously this is a piss poor way to record machine activity, and keep track of historical data.

I am trying to create a very simple table in which the date/time/author/activity for each shift can be recorded. I did some html and JS in high-school and college, but it's been quite some time, and I've never done a project like this before.

Basically, I want this table to have four columns, and want a button that allows the addition of a row to the TOP of the table, and entry fields for each of the 4 columns. I do not want the option for the row to be edited, simply added.

I am not asking for anyone's help, this is not my homework. I am simply asking for someone to point me in the direction of some literature, website, knowledge source, or even verbiage for what specifically I am trying to build. I dont know if it's called a "table" or a "database" or what.

Any knowledge you guys might have would be greatly appreciated.

Attached: MAR.png (1919x953, 95.36K)

im not a webfag but cant you just use a bunch of premade tables and shit from something like bootstrap?

>I dont know if it's called a "table" or a "database" or what.

OP is hopeless, there's no chance you get this solved in under 3 months

is there really a reason to create something like this from scratch? surely something like this is already out there?

I didn't give a projected completion date, if it takes 3 months, so be it. This isnt an assigment through my workplace, it's a person project to present to management once complete.

My previous employer had one, and I literally cannot believe that I have to read machine activity out of a spiral notebook, written in chicken scratch by a variety of people. Its not productive.

Bro, I think you're right. This is why I came here. This definitely looks like the ticket.

Where are you going to save the data, faggot?

A refresh and it's all gone.

I know I'm on Any Forums, but how about you just point in the right direction or just name drop what I need to research? Doesn't just calling me a faggot and not doing that make you a faggot in turn? If you know what language or what I need to research, just tell me.

Look up how to make a table in react js. Its actually very easy

You literally need the fucking backend. What do you expect this app to do? Bootstrap is just a UI. Javascript and html get you the page, not anything else. Contract out a real developer before you dump some unmaintainable pile of garbage that gets the numbers wrong, and your company hires someone like me to fix it for $250/hr

An excel sheet would be literally hundreds of times cheaper.

You can literally create this in 5 days using Laravel

>dumb retard cant into software
>uses brave and chrome on windows 10
pottery

There are no numbers, it's literally to track information like "Machine went down @ 11:06 due to "X", back up @ 12:40". Or "Crew change @ 6pm, crew D out, crew A in".

You are absolutely correct, but I want only team leaders and supervisors to be able to edit the spreadsheet/table while having the entire workforce able to view it. Also, I primarily work with boomers and want to minimize their ability to change previous entries, which they shouldn't be interacting with.

Can I also say how funny it is that some people think this is an unattainable goal? Everything you've wanted to do and have done in your life you had to research, learn and work for. You don't think I'm capable of teach myself something? You're either a zoomer or a pathetic individual. I just dont want to spend a significant amount of time going the wrong direction, so I'm just trying to feel out from you guys the correct direction I should be going.

Thank you, this is the best documented and most concise option I have seen yet.

> brave
> discord
> chrome
> steam
> so retarded that he can't do his own home work
it checks out. ask your tranny friends on discord to help you, retard.

Thanks for putting this back at the top of the board. You clearly didn't read any of the posts, especially the one about how this ISNT my homework. I'm trying to make my job and my co-workers jobs easier at work. You ever work with a bunch of boomers recording everything in a notebook? Shit is aids. Ill take the free bump though.

i was going to reply but you seem salty specially on the most helpful reply

Just the last part or what? Im appreciate of all the help Ive gotten so far, albeit very little. Laravel and ReactJS seem like the best candidates thus far. Going to dive into it further tomorrow on my down time at work.

Also, how you going to play games with your friends without discord? Wild bro

>the best candidates thus far
the best candidate for a simple table is excel it takes around 10 seconds to create and everyone can use it with ease hell it's only adding plain text there's nothing to compute

I need functionality to prevent people from editing previous activity and I need the next row to populate at the TOP of the sheet, not the bottom. Are these options in excel?

test

Sounds like a perfect use case for Blockchain, OP. You can base yours on Ethereum.

You know what, I have an hour and this sounds like a fun little thing. I'll see if I can whip up a gay little prototype.

King of Any Forums

Attached: King.jpg (697x594, 55.59K)