reject modernity embrace tradition

> reject modernity embrace tradition
> become ungovernable

doesn't even need battery replacement, when did we get so cucked that everyone (((needed))) a clock on their hands, and then their phones that costs more than $100. That there isn't someone taking up arms over this is astonishing! What a rip off! But no more, I'm getting picrel! Fuck you globohomo, I'm going solar without you shitty lithium meme batteries, I win!

Attached: nobattery.jpg (700x700, 166.43K)

>what are mechanical watches
fucking retarded zoomer

> out of sync if malfunctioning

have you ever seen a sundial go out of sync? Yeah, didn't think so.

Based and sunpilled. The government is literally lying to you about the time of day for the sake of corporations and industrial society because "how will we keep track of time if all of our clocks are slightly off?!"

>heh, nothin personnel kid

Attached: 1643677169329.jpg (612x408, 15.9K)

> *works for real 2 h
> *paid for 1.5 h of work (because (((their))) clock said so)

yeah, fuck these corporations and muh clock memes,

> time is gone
nice, then I don't have to think about it, one thing less to worry about.

Attached: chad.jpg (680x763, 33.41K)

just sync your mechanical watch to the sundial

fuck tradition

Nigger, have you ever seen a cloudy day?

but why would I need another clock when I already have one? Even worse, the mechanical watch needs another one to work, don't you see how you are getting duped, this is retarded!

Those are only valid for a given latitude. The moment you move it, the marks are no longer correct.
You actually need a table for correcting the time shown, because the sun travels faster though the sky depending on the sunlight hours.

t. I built my own.
I actually had to build two, since the first one was wrong.

>cloudy day?
this siesta time all day!

Attached: sista.gif (498x498, 1.31M)

think of a mechanical watch as a portable sundial with inertia
if the sun don't work, the mechanical watch will keep working for a little bit until the sun work again

> table for correcting the time shown
hmm, good point, but that could added for cheap

> The moment you move it, the marks are no longer correct.
my backyard doesn't move, otherwise I got bigger problems to worry about.

fine, ruin my meme of thought... but I look into that later.

>> reject modernity embrace tradition
>> become ungovernable
Mutually exclusive.

>sync your town's mechanical/digital clock to the sundial on every sunny day at noon
wow, that was so ...hard?

> the tradition is to be ungovernable

Today's System rules by modernity.

The table or graph has an entry for each day of the year. It compensates the speedup or slowdown of the Sun in the sky, plus a custom offset that depends on your longitude. If you used a prebuilt generic table, you must add the two offsets yourself.

In case of wall dials, in addition to the latitude you also need to consider the orientation angle of the wall when calculating the dial lines.

It is literally custom-built for a particular place. OPs design better be perfectly flat and aligned to the true (non magnetic) south

Syncing is hard. The equation of time is a bitch. See pic related. In the old times nobody gave a fuck, of the sun was out 6h in winter then you went home earlier and that was it (there was no lighting so nothing to be seen anyway).

Attached: 1614325183117.gif (640x319, 3.63K)