What the fuck?

what the fuck?

Attached: update.png (750x185, 22.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redhat.com/en/blog/introducing-kpatch-dynamic-kernel-patching
github.com/dynup/kpatch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kernel updates require a reboot to take effect. You're welcome to click "Restart Later" and do it whenever you feel like it.

Colonel Update

kernel update
Install kexec-utils

Delete your package manager GUI frontend. There is no need for it when you're just running basic update/upgrade and install/remove commands all the time.

OH NO NO NO NO FREETARD NO NO

This poster has never had sex

>windows update
>have to restart 50+ times
>I sleep
>linux update
>have to restart for kernel update
>OH NO NO LE FREETARDS OH NO LOOKS LIKE ITS OVER TAKE A LOOK AT THIS FUD FROM REDDIT

and

>restarting is bad
why do freetards think this is it that is the case ?

I thought there were ways to hotpatch loonix systems. Why don't more distros adopt that?

You should get some. So should I. If only it were that easy. Fucking autism…

The gnome system has zero error recovery if there is a crash while installing updates, their solution is to only allow updates with the WM closed and running in a minimal state. If you disabled these protections and there is a crash while you are installing updates in gnome it is 100% unrecoverable and will very likely permanently brick your install. Ubuntu doesn't have this problem

ubuntu uses gnome retard

KEK FREETARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: win98filepicker.png (440x495, 124.26K)

Oh yeah i meant xubuntu

10 years ago this would be causing sperg outs, now it's just accepted. It's wild how things have changed.

It's been a thing for a decade, gnomcucks are just used to living in the cuckshed

Because it's difficult for even the average Linux user and not for the faint of heart and on top of it, it's not stable yet. Each big enterprise Linux company has their own tool, like kpatch.

redhat.com/en/blog/introducing-kpatch-dynamic-kernel-patching

But yes, you can look at the Github page and see that after nearly a decade, it still hasn't hit 1.0 status. Who knows how long it will take until this will work.

github.com/dynup/kpatch

oh, I misunderstood, I've never run Gnome on anything. this is still an issue on KDE, though isn't it? most of my linux time is on servers. this is becoming mandatory when you get past a certain point of GUI from what I see.

welp, time for fuchsia