Mpv vs. MPC-HC

Who shall win?

Attached: 1643657152159.png (1276x1283, 274.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases/tag/1.9.19
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

VLC

MPC-HC. Some videos just don't seek that well on VLC while they do quite smoothly on MPC

I use both lol

VLC mobile is imo oscar worthy tech:
>plays all your local shit audio and video
>no fucking ads
>I repeat no fucking ads
>great lan connectivity
>basically the definition of just werks
>great at displaying art and thumbnails
Basically mogs the spyware competition without even trying

I use mpv. Default config works just fine for me. I just drag and drop shit and fullscreen.

Yeah. I definitely agree that VLC on Android is much more polished that mpv on Android. But on PC mpv is the king still.

mpc
it just works

mpc-hc is unironically the greatest player of all time. But I don't use windows anymore so sadly I'm stuck with mpv.

This. No idea what the autism in the OP is supposed to be about. mpv is small and just werks. Alternatively, I watch movies from my Jellyfin server through the browser.

umm I use the GNU operating system because Im poor and schizophrenic, and 'minimalist' options like mpv are the only things that aren't buggy and broken there

I use mpv because it's lightweight, I never touched the config file.

This thread made me check MPC-HC github.
Sadge stuff, the repo is archived and the last frontpage update was pleading for some dev help.
Should we consider the project abandoned?

if your monitor isn't set at an interval of 24, (e.g. 24/48/72) and you're talking in this thread - stop.

i haven't seen anyone sane use it since 2013

I use MPC-HC with madvr because I used it for ages and it still works
No reason to change

Though for watching youtube its mpv with default settings

Actively developed, faggot
github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases/tag/1.9.19
New release literally yesterday

you are the faggot, faggot. If you go to the official homepage you see picrel and they link to the official archived github.
You are using a backwater fork of some hobbist

Attached: faggot.jpg (1316x371, 46.37K)

I'm an MPV user who thinks like a Non-MPV user. I just want a video player that's fast and responsive

You know MPC is a community project right? It was ALWAYS hobbyists, now it's just a different one who already had a good rep in said community leading.

potplayer so the gook botnet can watch chinese cartoons with me

It's open source. It was always developed by literal whos.

MPV users enjoy the movie AND the program that's displaying it. Nothing wrong with that.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017-11-30_at_1.12.37_PM.jpg (749x441, 60.82K)

PotPlayer is light years ahead.

A few hours of tinkering to get mpv to work exactly how you want it is worth the investment. Very comfy.

I use mpv because I need to learn languages, and yes, if all you do is watch capeshit on your laptop then there's absolutely no reason for you to even think about vlc and mpv jus use a "Video" program and ignore the branding, dont even look at it.
And yes op, I know you've never wrote a single script for mpv and never cared enough to find out how video players work, no reason to scream about it by creating this thread.

that is true but you forget the quantum step.
>in the exact moment something gets good and becomes world popular the literal who quantum leaps to "was a bigtime player all along"
now your rule goes back into effect, if you lose the golden egg dev it turns back to project developed by literal whos.
There are billion of examples of this