Loonix is absolute fucking cancer

Loonix is absolute fucking cancer.
>be me
>finds old gaming laptop
>>i7-6500U
>>GeForce GTX960M
GB RAM
p display
>Plays around with it a little (it had windows)
>nice
>Time to try that loonix shit Any Forums always talks about.exe
>wipes drive clean and flashes Fedoora.iso.exe
>>shit looks hawt
>>Don't mind Gnome
>let animations start lagging
>wtf?!? didn't see this on windows.app
>it just worked.dmg
>installs Nvidia drivers
>more lag more problems
>Absolute nothing installed
>% cpu usageSteam is le tinie
>Finds out about Wayland vs X11 bullshit
>le uninstalls LOONIX.sh
>goes back window
>it just works.exe :)
>cd $HOME

Attached: Chiseled-W4CB-BReg.png (1178x984, 101.14K)

sounds like (You) problems

yh, I can't imagine a human being living in loonix. Must be jobless

>Must be jobless
You moved away from linux because you couldn't play games and the animations were not up to your expectations. I use linux because I can do my actual real life work faster with it.

It's a Nvidia problem. I recently had to switch from amd because of a rma, and it's just awful. AMD works flawlessly but Nvidia hardware acceleration is broken half the time and screen tearing is everywhere because their drivers are dogshit.

It's not the games. I wanted to test out its performance. Every fucking browser was laggy as fuck.

I wanted to use the device to mostly code and make shit for my raspberry pi.

I eventually want to make a server contain a giant repo of all my projects that I don't want to show on kikehub.

Don't know man. Windows does it just fine. Nvidia has released all the shit needed to get their nonsense working on Wayland. Wayland has a shitty implementation of it. Even on the dedicated intel gpu it was laggy as fuck.

You believe making a repo server and develop for the Raspberry Pi would be easier on Windows rather than Linux because the browsers are too laggy and you don't have time to fix it?

Welcome to the hell that is nvidia.
Dont forget that you cant suspend on wayland, or overclock your card, or adjust your fan speed.
Oh and if you are on xorg with more than one opengl application going at the same time one will lag (firefox autoscrolling while playing a video is almost impossible). Oh and also xorg must be ran as root in order to get basic functionality so you cant use GDM

I have always wondered what the experience is like for others who don't have nvidia cards. I just couldn't even fathom the desktop being smooth. I've been tolerating it for nearly a year now. I was tempted just a few days ago to install windows just to see what compositing is meant to look like Nvidia is a piece of work. The experience is shit no matter what compositor you use.

Also protip: it is IMPERATIVE that you add "export __GL_MaxFramesAllowed=1" to your .profile for the compositor to be anything close to smooth

>I have always wondered what the experience is like for others who don't have nvidia cards.
I have an AMD APU. Just werks.

>Loonix is absolute fucking cancer.
>>be me
>>finds old gaming laptop
>>>i7-6500U
>>>GeForce GTX960M
>(Dead)GB RAM
>(Dead)p display
>>Plays around with it a little (it had windows)
>>nice
>>Time to try that loonix shit Any Forums always talks about.exe
>>wipes drive clean and flashes Fedoora.iso.exe
>>>shit looks hawt
>>>Don't mind Gnome
>>let animations start lagging
>>wtf?!? didn't see this on windows.app
>>it just worked.dmg
>>installs Nvidia drivers
>>more lag more problems
>>Absolute nothing installed
>>(Dead)% cpu usage>Installs steam
>>Steam is le tinie
>>Finds out about Wayland vs X11 bullshit
>>le uninstalls LOONIX.sh
>>goes back window
>>it just works.exe :)
>>cd $HOME
underage, no adult speaks like this

The funny thing is that games work great on nvidia. It is just the compositing. Browsers WILL lag. The desktop WILL lag. This is unfortunately just what you sign up for when you use nvidia.
What makes it even worse is that GNOME, firefox, etc will not care what you have to say because the second you say you are on nvidia they will chalk it up to a "driver problem." They don't even bother to work around the driver, and since they don't have nvidia themselves, they don't test it. If you complain to nvidia, they will point at everyone else

Only a boomer would fuck up the formatting of their post that bad

No, I need a NAS Drive that's online 24/7 to push my shit to from any computer in the house. I also have UE4 projects and I'm not able to attempt to put that shit on GitHub.

Also creating a NAS Drive on Windows is easier. I do it all the time at work.

Ever wonder why these blatant troll threads that violate the only rule in the sticky are never deleted while the mod is literally in these threads all day deleting posts? Because the iNigger mod is the OP. He spends 16 hours a day of his worthless NEET life in these threads banning people for exposing him as the falseflagging OP troll, and saving his shit threads every time they reach page 10.
The only way to purge these shit threads off Any Forums is to put a bullet in his head.

Attached: 1612609128910.png (658x383, 228.1K)

Man I wish. I have spent literally in the hundreds of hours now trying to make nvidia a smooth experience. It has turned into an obsession

What rule did I violate?
This isn't a flag flame war. I'll simply explaining my experience of loonix as compared to winshit.

at least and offered something useful. I'm not the 1st retard to experience this. I genuinely wanted to use linux but this shit isn't workable.

>I genuinely wanted to use linux but this shit isn't workable
You have to learn to look beyond the nvidia experience and not blame "linux" itself. There are things you can do to make it more tolerable

>What makes it even worse is that GNOME, firefox, etc will not care what you have to say because the second you say you are on nvidia they will chalk it up to a "driver problem."
because it is. Kernel developers would literally fix this for them if Nvidia did what AMD did and GPLed their driver and sent it upstream. Do they do it? No, they've refused to for years and years. Actually they specifically implemented some signed-firmware bullshit with Maxwell that had no purpose whatsoever other than to cause problems for Nouveau. There's a reason why Linux called them the worst company the kernel community has ever had to try to work with.

Attached: nvidia, fuck you.gif (240x240, 481.98K)

kill yourself you braindead freetard nigger

Attached: 1613680556065.png (800x1400, 292.93K)

I can understand them wanting to keep their drivers proprietary (kind of). I see it from a different perspective. Everything else is GPL, so why can Nvidia not fix its driver? What is the excuse on THEIR end? They can see the kernel code and design their driver to work properly around the kernel. Can they not?
I'll tell you though, I don't even think it has to do with the kernel. I think they simply refuse to invest the resources necessary to make their driver a functional product. I wish they would just pick one desktop and really make the driver nice for it, but they wont ever even do that. Then there is all this business with insisting on eglstreams over GBM.
One thing is absolutely true, and that is the fact that nvidia is a horrible company. They have lost my business, and I will shill against them whenever I get the chance. They act like linux users are irrelevant, but if you can persuade windows users to not make their next card an nvidia then that will hit them in the pocketbook.

>I can understand them wanting to keep their drivers proprietary (kind of)
Why? Neither AMD nor Intel does it, there's no reason to. What are they hiding?

Freetards rely on buggy non-conformant behavior of Mesa and blame Nvidia, while game engine devs actually know their shit. how surprising.

Unless you plan on writing your own desktop you're much better off with another OS.

Attached: 39423.jpg (1296x991, 211.59K)